02 f250 tierod - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

02 f250 tierod

Old 11-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Crazycanuk
New User
Crazycanuk is starting off with a positive reputation.
02 f250 tierod

Hey Guys, Gals, and everyone else, Iv got a question about the tie rod of a 2002 f250. My concern is the drop on the tie rod, making it lower than the axle centerline, it is the first thing to contact the ground , is there any Ford tierod that will fit that is a straight tierod , and still retain the spot for the draglink, ? Or an aftermarket piece that will work in a stock application? Thanks in advance

Old 11-06-2018, 06:46 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
no stock straight tie rods that i have ever seen

Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Crazycanuk
New User
The older obs trucks dont have the drop, but are also upside down on the knuckles. But I think I have found the parts I'll need to get rid of the drop in the tierod and make it straight, Just need to find a couple parts to compare size and taper angle of the tierod ends.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:34 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
it was engineered that way for a reason. by modifying it with parts from other vehicles. my bet is you are going to run into handling problems.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Crazycanuk
New User
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
it was engineered that way for a reason. by modifying it with parts from other vehicles. my bet is you are going to run into handling problems.
It will be ok, but thanks for your concern. The axle in question is in a 1986 ford truck, it wasnt engineered with that axle either. This is the first superduty axle iv done a build with. All my previous builds have been with king pin axles and bolt on crossover steering, which those weren't engineered to steer like that either. The superduty axle has been in this truck for the last 2 years , only complaint is the tie rod, but iv got it figured out now , how to get it above the axle centerline. Thanks for your help

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.