5 Star tune is way rich. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

5 Star tune is way rich.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Screwed 05
Junior User
Screwed 05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
5 Star tune is way rich.

So, I ordered my 5 star directly from them, and Included all mods which is only CAI and a Cat back. I keep the 93 P/T tune loaded all the time. It is a very noticeable gain even over the 87 P/T tune, and I am happy with the power gain.

But, it is rich! Eyes burning standing anywhere near the exhaust. If you have to brake for a turning vehicle then get back in the throttle it bogs down bad. No skipping, codes, pops, back fires, or stalls. Pulls great from a dead stop or in any gear.

I had a set of Summit cops in it. I changed back to the Motorcrafts, and it got better, but it's still bad. I called 5Star they want me to update the tuner, download some pir/drm, and do some data logging.

I'm wondering if. I should get some MSD SF cops 48,000V? Should I go to a local reputable tuner for a dyno session? Should I do what 5 Star wants, and hope they see the problem? Which the data log session won't replicate the problem, but they may see it in the A/F ratio.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:29 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
i would do what 5 star wants and see if they can spot an issue with the tune

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.