Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 bronco drivetrain to 99 f150?

Old 10-31-2018, 09:40 AM
Ford_luv
New User
Ford_luv is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile 93 bronco drivetrain to 99 f150?

Hey guys, I know a lot of people are interested in converting 2wd trucks to 4wd, I was just curious if anyone knows if a 93 bronco drivetrain could convert a 99 f150 from 2wd to 4wd or if anything at all would interchange? I dont drive the bronco anymore because my friend had 1 too many drinks and rolled it lol but the engine and trans are still great, the f150 has a lot of miles and i rarely drive it unless im towing something, I already know that i can buy all the parts i need to convert the 99 f150 from pull-a-part for under $400 and thats not an issue at all but i was just wondering if there was anything usable I could take from the Bonco since its just sitting there lol thanks in advance

Old 10-31-2018, 10:56 AM
evan_nugget
Senior User
evan_nugget is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.evan_nugget is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In my opinion - too much work for a complete driveline swap. They are completely different platforms and would require a great deal of work and fabrication to put together. You couldn't even use the Bronco transfer case, IIRC its a BW 1356 and the 99 F150 uses the BW 4406. Someone will have to confirm for me.

A wise FTE member once told me about custom fabrication projects: "create a realistic timetable and budget that you think would be required to complete the project to your satisfaction. Then, double the budget and triple the timeline....."

My advice: get the parts to convert the F-150. Then if you're looking for a project, find a nice Bronco with a blown motor and swap everything over from your good drivetrain, then either sell it or keep it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.