Notices

05 with turnover ball.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:51 PM
framersteve
New User
framersteve is starting off with a positive reputation.
05 with turnover ball.

I just purchased an 05 drw cc lb. It has an existing turnover ball mounted under bed. I want to mount my Reese fifth wheel. Will standard rails and mounting hardware fit without conflicting with turnover hardware?
There are holes (from factory?) predrilled in bed that seem about right for rails to mount.
I mounted rails in previous F250 so I am familiar with what needs to happen. Just want someone with experience if possible.
Muchas Gracias.

Old 10-21-2018, 02:41 AM
kgburns
Senior User
kgburns is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just guessing, but there shouldn't be any hardware conflict there, the B&W mount is pretty compact as far as how much real estate it takes up under the bed.

I used to keep my rails when I traded trucks and just get the install kit required, but when I got the F350 with the ball mount already installed, I went with this -
Amazon Amazon

Just throwing another option out there, but I don't think I'll ever go back to above bed rails.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:23 AM
sloate9471
Freshman User
sloate9471 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I changed my pinbox to the Reese GooseBox. It drops right on the B&W ball in the bed of my truck, and I don't have to deal with removing anything from the bed to load it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.