Dash Lights on 63 Econoline - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Dash Lights on 63 Econoline

Old 10-16-2018, 11:53 PM
stm76
New User
stm76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dash Lights on 63 Econoline

So, my headlights work, as do the brights, but the dash lights do not come on at all. At night I can't see how fast I'm going or anything else on the dash. I twist the headlight switch all the way to the right but no lights come on in the display. Right and left blinkers work, bright indicator light works. Any ideas?

Also, when I twist the headlight switch all the way to the left until it clicks, the dome light does not come on.

This is a new vehicle to me so I am slowly trying to figure out all the little glitches and get everything working correctly.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:06 PM
EmilBarnabas
Senior User
EmilBarnabas is starting off with a positive reputation.
The light switch gets hot over time and things stop working. And it could be your dash and dome lights are burned out, or have a bad ground.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM
werksvan
New User
werksvan is starting off with a positive reputation.
The headlight switch has a number of spade terminals on the back side which press into the fuse assembly which holds the glass fuses. Each of these spades has a corresponding letter: B - battery feed, R - tail lamps, I - dash indicators, P - front parking lamps, H - headlights dimmer, A - brake switch feed, and D - dome light. For the dome light issue - check the fuse inline with the D terminal. If that's okay, do like EmilBarnabas suggested and replace the bulb. If neither solves the problem check continuity in the wiring with a multi-meter (if uncomfortable using one - I suggest Youtube). Regarding the dash lights, If I recall, there are only 2 bulbs which light the instrument panel. When I removed my instrument panel, I found it necessary to replace most of the bulb sockets along with the bulbs. Since there's no terminal for just the dash lights, I assume it's connected in series with either the tail lights or parking lamps. Do those work? If not, again, break out the multi-meter to check continuity and confirm no breaks in the line or any shorts. Good luck with it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.