Looking for input on an offer - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Looking for input on an offer

Old 10-13-2018, 03:10 PM
burgy
Senior User
burgy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for input on an offer

Currently have a 17 F350, looking to move up to a equally equipped Plati F350 dual. Would have to be ordered which is fine. Been chatting with my salesman about truck and his manager tossed a build sheet with offer to me. Its missing a few simple things like block heater and FX4 anything else that you can tell? They dont give all the same line items as the Ford.com site does so i cant tell. I also think they are high, this is the first offer after all. Online this truck seems to invoice at under 77K as built with the other things I mentioned. Does not include Fords 500 off, my 1K PCO and another 500 from Farm Bureau.

In my head I'm around 78K otd as a magic #. If thats unreasonable, tell me.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Dually offer.pdf (242.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 10-13-2018, 04:13 PM
brainofjjj
Freshman User
brainofjjj is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd persoanlly be looking for much more than that off. I just bought a new Lariat last month that stickered at 68k and i paid 59K plus TTL. My one before that stickered @ 65k and i paid 54k plus TTL but that was an EOY deal.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:33 PM
XI_32
New User
XI_32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Typically dealers in the USA can sell for invoice or even under invoice for a truck that is ordered. This is because they make money with Holdback.

There is a 3% Total MSRP holdback on the vehicle from Ford. That means 3% of $82870 (the total MSRP) = $2486.10 is returned back to the dealer by Ford when they sell the vehicle to you. They are selling the vehicle to you for $79500 which is an additional profit of $79500 - $78177.88 = $1322.12 which means they will make $2486.10 + $1322.12 = $3808.22 profit.

From reading the forum posts, you can try to shoot for the dealer to split the holdback with you and sell under invoice. The best deals I read about are $78177.88 (the invoice price) - $1243.05 (1/2 the holdback) = $76934.83 + tax + fee - rebate. Just make sure the fees are mandatory fees collected by the State and not BS fees like Documentation Fees or ADM Fees.

For Extended Warranty or Maintenance plans prices go and ask the Forum Mods for Joel's contact information or you can buy them online. Unless you plan to do the maintenance yourself, the maintenance package can be a good deal if you get it at dealer cost.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:37 PM
Tx Hunter
Freshman User
Tx Hunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds about $3k high to me. Not sure about your OTD priceóBetter to just talk about the price of the truck. TT&L is fixed and based on where you live. I think 1500 below invoice less rebates is a reasonable place to be.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:17 AM
XI_32
New User
XI_32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A few other things. After looking closely, the dealer is adding a $146.88 fuel charge. I'm not sure how things are done where you live but here in Canada, we typically get a full tank of fuel for free on new vehicles. This is probably something you will want to negotiate off. Also, how often will you track mud/manure into the truck? You may wish to get the Premium Vinyl Floor Covering. At the very end when you are ready to shake hands on a deal, say 'and one more thing, I want you to throw in some free Ford floor mats". They will probably agree to make the deal and if they refuse, then it may mean that you got the best possible deal.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Flyct
Elder User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by burgy View Post
Currently have a 17 F350, looking to move up to a equally equipped Plati F350 dual. Would have to be ordered which is fine. Been chatting with my salesman about truck and his manager tossed a build sheet with offer to me. Its missing a few simple things like block heater and FX4 anything else that you can tell? They dont give all the same line items as the Ford.com site does so i cant tell. I also think they are high, this is the first offer after all. Online this truck seems to invoice at under 77K as built with the other things I mentioned. Does not include Fords 500 off, my 1K PCO and another 500 from Farm Bureau.

In my head I'm around 78K otd as a magic #. If thats unreasonable, tell me.

Burgy,

This Offer is only part of the equation if you are trading in your 2017. In TN you pay 7% sales tax on sale price LESS total value of trade in. Trading should reduce sales tax by about $4,000 over trying to sell your 17 on your own.

The only number you should discuss is how much out the door with your car in trade.

This is is why I like X-Plan. No matter what dealership you go to the truck cost is fixed and the dealer fees are capped at $100. So the only negotiation is trade in value which makes it simple. Dealerships canít pack a deal with bogus fees.

A quick search for Knoxville and I see that you have at least 14 Ford dealers within 50 miles of Lance Cunningham Ford.

I ordered my 2019 F350 and traded in my 2017. I went X-Plan and locked down my trade in value before ordering. 10 weeks after ordering my new truck it arrived and there was no hassle or surprises at the closing table.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Flyct
Elder User
Flyct is starting off with a positive reputation.
Let me add that with a quick search and I see that Lance Cunningham Ford charges a “dealer doc fee of $799.95”

Old 10-14-2018, 12:45 PM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think it is missing the tail gate step. I believe it is a stand alone option rather than part of a group or package.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:36 PM
jnphobe
Junior User
jnphobe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think fuel is included on the invoice, always has been

Old 10-14-2018, 06:44 PM
bertschb
New User
bertschb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your price seems high to me. I purchased a 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW 6.7 last month. MSRP was $83,060. I paid $74,894 with no trade. Plus, I had them throw in the camera/TPMS system which retails for $725.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:59 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by XI_32 View Post
A few other things. After looking closely, the dealer is adding a $146.88 fuel charge. I'm not sure how things are done where you live but here in Canada, we typically get a full tank of fuel for free on new vehicles. This is probably something you will want to negotiate off. Also, how often will you track mud/manure into the truck? You may wish to get the Premium Vinyl Floor Covering. At the very end when you are ready to shake hands on a deal, say 'and one more thing, I want you to throw in some free Ford floor mats". They will probably agree to make the deal and if they refuse, then it may mean that you got the best possible deal.
Hate to break it to you but the Fuel charge is built into the invoice. There should never be a negotiation to get a full tank of fuel as you are paying for it. It is on every DORA of every vehicle and a full tank is owed to every customer.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:47 PM
Truckie256
Elder User
Truckie256 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
it's a bit of a drive, but check out
FORD Lincoln of Franklin ( south of Nashville.)..

New ownership..
old owner struggled to do 200 vehicles a month....
NEW owner is at 320 vehicles a month....

They are making ANY deal to jump up by that much

Even if you just use it for Price matching ammunition

Old 10-15-2018, 09:23 PM
burgy
Senior User
The alphabet soup plans...
Had to Google it.
Google says Invoice -.4%? Doesnt seem like much.

Originally Posted by Flyct View Post

Burgy,

This Offer is only part of the equation if you are trading in your 2017. In TN you pay 7% sales tax on sale price LESS total value of trade in. Trading should reduce sales tax by about $4,000 over trying to sell your 17 on your own.

The only number you should discuss is how much out the door with your car in trade.

This is is why I like X-Plan. No matter what dealership you go to the truck cost is fixed and the dealer fees are capped at $100. So the only negotiation is trade in value which makes it simple. Dealerships canít pack a deal with bogus fees.

A quick search for Knoxville and I see that you have at least 14 Ford dealers within 50 miles of Lance Cunningham Ford.

I ordered my 2019 F350 and traded in my 2017. I went X-Plan and locked down my trade in value before ordering. 10 weeks after ordering my new truck it arrived and there was no hassle or surprises at the closing table.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 PM
burgy
Senior User
Of all things I'd figure THAT was included! LOL

Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I think it is missing the tail gate step. I believe it is a stand alone option rather than part of a group or package.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 PM
PentaPop
Senior User
PentaPop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by burgy View Post
The alphabet soup plans...
Had to Google it.
Google says Invoice -.4%? Doesnt seem like much.
It may not seem like much but itís a better deal than the pdf you posted. If you paid your magic number of $78k, how far under invoice would that put you on the sales price?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.