Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CA GPR w/shunt vs 49 state GPR

Old 10-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
CA GPR w/shunt vs 49 state GPR

Rest of the free world

California above and below

Above pic courtesy of Welcome to guzzle's White-Rodgers (Stancor) GPR replacement Mod Web Page

Another comparison picture from Woods site, below.

Above picture courtesy of Wood-N-Things https://sites.google.com/site/woodnt...ow-plug-system

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-11-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: To add pic and links from Guzzles & Woods site
Old 10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Post copied to stand alone thread for tech folder inclusion.

Two excellent websites for GPR maintenance and upgrades.

http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/s_gpr.php

https://sites.google.com/site/woodnt...ow-plug-system

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-11-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:15 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Postmaster
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
I know there are a few exceptions to early model excursions but my 2001 CA model Ex does not have a Glow Plug Relay.
it has the IAH Relay and a Glow Plug Control Module.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
The GPCM that pirate shows is also what I have on my '01. Neither of the other above pics look like a GPCM but perhaps they started using an updated version around that time??

Old 10-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by hydro man 17 View Post
The GPCM that pirate shows is also what I have on my '01. Neither of the other above pics look like a GPCM but perhaps they started using an updated version around that time??
Guys, I created this thread to show the difference between the 49 state GPR and the CA GPR which is shunted. This thread has nothing to do with the Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM) found on Excursions and California prepped trucks with GPCM's beginning with the L99's, IIRC.

Stewart

Old 10-11-2018, 11:00 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Postmaster
pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.pirate4x4_camo has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Guys, I created this thread to show the difference between the 49 state GPR and the CA GPR which is shunted. This thread has nothing to do with the Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM) found on Excursions and California prepped trucks with GPCM's beginning with the L99's, IIRC.

Stewart
thats great until somebody comes along trying to figure why they donít have a Glow Plus Relay.

Since ford thought the world needed 3 diffrent Glow Plug wiring configurations I figured it would be a good idea to include all 3 in your tech thread

Old 10-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by pirate4x4_camo View Post
thats great until somebody comes along trying to figure why they donít have a Glow Plus Relay.
Which totally helps me understand Hydro's post now.

I should have mentioned the GPCM too Camo, good idea.

Stewart

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.