Adjusting Lincoln front brakes - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Adjusting Lincoln front brakes

Old 10-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Daggers
New User
Daggers is starting off with a positive reputation.
Adjusting Lincoln front brakes

Hi,
just installed a set of MT Lincoln front brakes but adjustment instructions are a bit vague. After setting top pin with the brake shoes locked all the instructions say is “loosen the star wheel adjuster for proper brake clearance”.
Should I just loosen the star until the drum stops scuffing then add an extra click?
Is there some one that has fitted this setup that could advise.
thanks
john

Old 10-12-2018, 12:08 PM
tacomacream
Posting Guru
tacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud of
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/linc...es-early-ford/
If this is what you have, the adjustment seems simple compared to the original Ford cam adjustment etc. I think you are on the right track. I think that if the brake shoes are adjusted up close but not dragging you are good to go. This looks like a smart upgrade.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Daggers
New User
Daggers is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, that’s the kit.
My back plates were in a bad way so it seemed a good option rather than going to disks as I’m trying to keep as original as possible.
It just seemed strange to produce a really nice kit that fits a ‘46 pickup without any mods to the original spindles etc but not giving a detailed advice on adjusting the shoe to drum clearance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.