Fox ATS Stabilizer vs Standard Fox Single Stabilizer - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Fox ATS Stabilizer vs Standard Fox Single Stabilizer

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 10-09-2018, 11:59 AM
FlyinAg
Junior User
FlyinAg is starting off with a positive reputation.

Anyone have any experience with the Fox ATS stabilizer? Id be particularly interested in any direct comparison experience. Looks like a nice part . Is it worth the money over the normal Fox part? My truck is stock, but will probably do a level and 35s at some point.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:48 PM
ymsmiley
Senior User
ymsmiley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did they finnaly come out a 2017+ p/n? I got tired of waiting and went with a King SS

A different beast but I put a Fox ATS on my wife's Wrangler and it's pretty sweet. It mimicks a dual stabilizer with the dual stroke (there's a technical term but don't recall). That model has 23 stiffness settings

Old 10-09-2018, 07:31 PM
ymsmiley
Senior User
Yep, looks finally ready for prime time

Fox ATS

Old 10-09-2018, 08:06 PM
skanj0
Senior User
skanj0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by FlyinAg View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Fox ATS stabilizer? Id be particularly interested in any direct comparison experience. Looks like a nice part . Is it worth the money over the normal Fox part? My truck is stock, but will probably do a level and 35s at some point.
I put an AtS on my 2016 F350 recently. I love it. No side to side push and I can dial in response. I have it at 9 turns from full tight and it feels perfect.

Prior I had the icon dual stabilizer kit and the truck continually hunted left to right. Took that off and went back to the oem upper stabilizer. No hunting back and forth, but insufficient control over medium to large large road transitions and bumps. The AtS solved this.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:12 PM
TXSD6.2
Senior User
TXSD6.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ymsmiley View Post
Did they finnaly come out a 2017+ p/n? I got tired of waiting and went with a King SS

A different beast but I put a Fox ATS on my wife's Wrangler and it's pretty sweet. It mimicks a dual stabilizer with the dual stroke (there's a technical term but don't recall). That model has 23 stiffness settings
How is the King SS working out on the 2017? Any pull?

Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 PM
FlyinAg
Junior User
So it looks like they have a part number, but no one has them in stock yet, so I guess they aren't released yet...so tempting to grab a standard 985-24-001stabilizer off Amazon for 146 and free shipping...

Old 10-12-2018, 06:54 AM
CO Wapiti
Senior User
CO Wapiti is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the ATS stabilizer but I’ve never had the standard Fox one to compare to. It’s a long story in another thread on how I got it.
I have a 2 1/2 inch level up front and 1 1/4 lift in the back with 35 inch tires. I have the ATS cranked up about 4 clicks from max. I have zero drift in any direction. I do though have some bump steer even though I have a drop down track bar bracket. This is probable due mostly to poor geometry from the lift though. As I remember when I put it on, it did give a better overall feel than the factory stabilizer. I’ve had it for a long time so I’d really have to put the factory unit back on to see how much better to say whether it’s actuallly worth the big cost or not.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:16 AM
FlyinAg
Junior User
Hey man, I found that old thread. It was a good read, but disappointing to see that the ATS was 'supposed' to be out months ago. What is going on over there lol?

Anyways, I am still undecided. I see the merits of an adjustable stabilizer, especially if you are going make changes to your setup. Being able to tune the damper in the giant spring/mass/damper system that is our steering setup would be huge in really maximizing performance. However I am losing patience. As for the drift, it looks like reducing the charge is a decent compromise for the old style stabilizer.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 AM
64509chvl
New User
64509chvl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hmmmm...I just had a conversation on the phone with fox on Wednesday about this & I was told I might be able to get my hands on ats or standard for 17 & up towards the end of the year!

Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 AM
CO Wapiti
Senior User
CO Wapiti is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey man, I found that old thread. It was a good read, but disappointing to see that the ATS was 'supposed' to be out months ago. What is going on over there lol?

Anyways, I am still undecided. I see the merits of an adjustable stabilizer, especially if you are going make changes to your setup. Being able to tune the damper in the giant spring/mass/damper system that is our steering setup would be huge in really maximizing performance. However I am losing patience. As for the drift, it looks like reducing the charge is a decent compromise for the old style stabilizer.

Yeah, it is disappointing. With today's economy and Fox being in almost EVERY niche of the shock world, I think they are just having a hard time keeping up with things.
If you buy their standard stabalizer and think that your always going to wish you bought the ATS, then you should just cough up the extra dough. That's the reason I bought the ATS. This will be at least a 15 year truck for me so I'm ttrying to do everything top notch.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:35 PM
wicked 2018
Senior User
wicked 2018 is starting off with a positive reputation.
no one seems to have them in stock

Old 10-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Ryno1
Freshman User
Ryno1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So it looks like they have a part number, but no one has them in stock yet, so I guess they aren't released yet...so tempting to grab a standard 985-24-001stabilizer off Amazon for 146 and free shipping...
I've bought 2 off Amazon from 4Wheel Drive Hardware and both came in already opened packages with missing parts. Has not been a good process.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:28 PM
FlyinAg
Junior User
You mean the -001 part? Seriously? What parts are there for them to miss?! And that stabilizer has been out for how long? I wonder if they are outsourcing to a new supplier to meet demand...

Edit: I missed the open box part. That is sloppy business on the sellers part...

Old 10-12-2018, 07:51 PM
ymsmiley
Senior User
No pull at all. Softens the steering and bump steer quite a bit. Some have said it stiffens it too much but I didn't notice that. Only problem is the 17 business day lead time, and no big deal but you'll need to grab some grade 8 hardware from Ace or something. Matches my Pintop, but very happy with it anyway

Originally Posted by TXSD6.2 View Post
How is the King SS working out on the 2017? Any pull?

Old 10-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Ryno1
Freshman User
Ryno1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You mean the -001 part? Seriously? What parts are there for them to miss?! And that stabilizer has been out for how long? I wonder if they are outsourcing to a new supplier to meet demand...

Edit: I missed the open box part. That is sloppy business on the sellers part...
The pin that connects the stabilizer to the steering arm. Also, the strap thatís supposed to keep the stabilizer compressed was missing. Blessing in disguise as I should probably go with a dual setup anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.