6.4L powerstroke surges and uses water? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

6.4L powerstroke surges and uses water?

Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

6.4L powerstroke surges and uses water?

Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
I've said it many times, and I say it again. The 6.4L equipped trucks are ticking time bombs on wheels!!! This is coming from a Ford dealership technician who has had his fair share of these engines apart to see the carnage. Prematurely worn rocker arm tips, roller lifters minus the rollers resulting in bent push tubes, cracked pistons, 's'-shaped connecting rods from hydrolock (and yes, cylinder #8 was the offending cylinder), failed horizontal EGR coolers, engines that ran away due to crankcases filling up with fuel/oil mix to a level high enough to get sucked into the air intake. Need I go on? And yes, I have long-blocked many of these trucks and like already mentioned above, even long-blocking doesn't put an 'end' to the problems. That's not to mention the leaky rads along with dead instrument clusters I've seen a pretty consistent pattern with in these model years too.

Having said all that, if you choose to hobby it, it will be an expensive hobby that will yield you no return on your investment. If a daily driver is what you need, look into newer and don't look back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: