Gibbon Cordoba Crossmember - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Gibbon Cordoba Crossmember

Old 10-07-2018, 09:23 AM
dkfordguy
New User
dkfordguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gibbon Cordoba Crossmember

I currently have a 1954 F100 and would like to install Cordoba front suspension using a Gibbons crossmember. I can't find their website or anyway to contact them. I have previously installed one of these crossmembers in a 1956 F100 and everything about the installation was straight forward and easy to perform. Also the ride and handling were great plus the adjustable height and side to side adjustment capabilities are really nice. If anyone knows how I can get one of these crossmembers please let me know, Thanks

Old 10-07-2018, 10:05 AM
BlueOvalRage
Posting Guru
BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.
Those crossmember kits were made by Dwight Bond in Nebraska. He retired a couple years ago and those crossmembers are no longer available new. I have seen a couple used or uninstalled units for sale from time to time, though.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:41 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Wouldn't the parts be getting a little obsolete for that set up..?

Old 10-07-2018, 05:02 PM
EBEAR
Posting Guru
EBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to behold
Allot of options out there that are more serviceable - available . Any coilover system will give you the adjustments your looking for and as John mentioned parts availability , plus if I remember correctly it has a huge steering box to navigate . P. S. the cordoba parts are closer to the age of truck than to the current date .

Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 AM
glassmanbruce
Junior User
glassmanbruce is starting off with a positive reputation.
Crossmember

Terry at Terrys F100 Parts 402 366 7848 has some frames ready to go with Volare suspension installed.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:41 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Volare and Cordoba are not the same...Volare has "L"-shaped torsion bars forward of crossmember and Cordoba has straight torsion bars that run inboard of the frame to the rear of the crossmember. I wouldn't use either given the choice, too many other/better options out there today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.