2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Any idea why Magnetic/Camel is not available?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 07:48 AM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Any idea why Magnetic/Camel is not available?

We decided on the F250 Lariat and worked out all the options we wanted. Problem we came up with was the Magnetic with Camel interior. Ford doesn't allow it. Can get the Camel interior with ALL other colors accept Magnetic. Can anyone explain why?

Old 10-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Jeebusillin
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no idea, they seem to have a lot of weird option limitations. I couldn't order my Lariat Sport package in Oxford White. Every other color was fine, but no Oxford white... no explanation as to why...

Old 10-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Narayan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I was looking at this combination as well. Since I'm inside the truck much more than I'm outside the truck, I went with the Camel interior and Blue Jeans exterior.

And then I was planning on getting Magnetic two-tone paint, but they won't let you do that either. They'll let you do Stone Gray as a secondary color if you have the Camel interior. I gave up on the two-tone.

Someone at Ford wants to prevent people from making design decisions they don't agree with, I suppose.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Drew_SD
Senior User
They cut combos like this due to poor sales on the dealership lots. Evidently, Magnetic and Camel combo was lowest on the totum pole.

Do magnetic and black! Looks great btw, seats and wheel don't get as hot as you'd think. I even have the sunroof... I would get auto start on any color (esp in FL).

Old 10-05-2018, 12:45 PM
TireFryer426
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I know its not Ford, but my uncle recently purchased a Corvette. He wanted a color combo that wasn't available. Yellow with kalahari interior and top. I'm not sure who ended up getting the order through or how, but the car was built.
So it may be possible to get it through if you really want that combo.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 PM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Ford is better than Toyota. All kinds of weird combination limits. Certain interiors only available with bed rails, certain exterior colors only available with a sunroof. Weird.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:02 PM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Drew_SD
They cut combos like this due to poor sales on the dealership lots. Evidently, Magnetic and Camel combo was lowest on the totum pole.

Do magnetic and black! Looks great btw, seats and wheel don't get as hot as you'd think. I even have the sunroof... I would get auto start on any color (esp in FL).
I have a black interior in my car and while it looks good it shows every bit of dirt or scuff marks. I have light grey in my current truck and it doesn't show the dirt. Camel interior is what I want BUT unless Ford makes a change in their options I'm going to hold off spending my $75K until I can get what I want. I did ask the dealership about a special order but he said they don't do that.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:04 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Same thing here you cant get a Platinum in Oxford White, so I have to build out a Lariat.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Drew_SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by SteveKoz
I have a black interior in my car and while it looks good it shows every bit of dirt or scuff marks. I have light grey in my current truck and it doesn't show the dirt. Camel interior is what I want BUT unless Ford makes a change in their options I'm going to hold off spending my $75K until I can get what I want. I did ask the dealership about a special order but he said they don't do that.
One thing to remember is that these are trucks, not Porsches. If you are really concerned about scuff marks and dirt, I would save $30k and get an XLT with vinyl floors and the grey interior... (I think it come in XLT, maybe only XL).

Anyway you have to admit that the camel color will show all dark scuff marks and dirt (unless you're only talking bread crumbs and sand).

Personally I have owned light and dark interiors, but I have found that the darker interiors end up looking better after 5yrs. If you wear jeans, avoid tan. A good set of floor mats (aftermarket) are a must for both shades.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:58 PM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew_SD
One thing to remember is that these are trucks, not Porsches. If you are really concerned about scuff marks and dirt, I would save $30k and get an XLT with vinyl floors and the grey interior... (I think it come in XLT, maybe only XL).

Anyway you have to admit that the camel color will show all dark scuff marks and dirt (unless you're only talking bread crumbs and sand).

Personally I have owned light and dark interiors, but I have found that the darker interiors end up looking better after 5yrs. If you wear jeans, avoid tan. A good set of floor mats (aftermarket) are a must for both shades.
I agree for the most part, but would add that if you’re going to be using the truck for any kind of work AND you care about what the seats look like, you should plan on recovering the seats every few years. It’s not a big deal and there are a lot of options out there. I like camel because I live in a very hot climate and black seats hurt. I like the way black looks better though.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:24 PM
VA13FX4
Elder User
A guy I used to work with wanted a specific color combo on his Nissan Z and a couple different dealers told him it was impossible. He kept calling customer service and getting forwarded to different departments and eventually someone was able to get the order put in for him. Took him over a month to get it accomplished, but he finally got exactly what he wanted. So it may be possible, but it may take you a while!

Old 10-06-2018, 12:13 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 579 Likes on 384 Posts
I’ve had Ford Camel leather on a few Expeditions and a F150. I wear Blue Jeans 90% of the time and the Blue Jean dye stains the Camel Leather. You can get most of the stain out of the leather but the camel stiching never gets clean.

My last 3 Ford Leather trucks have all been Black and I use Carheart canvas covers over them. Seats look brand new when I trade in my trucks after I remove the Carheart covers.

My lexus cars with light leather interior do not stain with my blue jeans.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:21 AM
F2502011
More Turbo
Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Maybe because gray and tan are both neutral colors don’t really go together since there’s not enough contrast?

Old 10-06-2018, 08:45 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveKoz
We decided on the F250 Lariat and worked out all the options we wanted. Problem we came up with was the Magnetic with Camel interior. Ford doesn't allow it. Can get the Camel interior with ALL other colors accept Magnetic. Can anyone explain why?
Must be a SD thing because this exterior interior combo is available on the F150 Lariat and it looks very sharp.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:07 AM
SteveKoz
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by F2502011
Maybe because gray and tan are both neutral colors don’t really go together since there’s not enough contrast?
I thought this might be it too but you can get the truck in grey with the camel but not the darker magnetic and camel. I contacted Ford and over Live Chat she said it was not available and she would open a case for the designers to consider.

I know these are trucks and not Porsches. Just because it's a truck doesn't mean it can't look good too. My brother has the Blue F250 with the camel and it looks really classy. I always use floor matts and I don't expect the truck to stay spot clean but my car doesn't get much work clothes drivers and shows ever bit of dirt. If I can get what I want I'll give Ford my money otherwise I'll wait.

Quick Reply: Any idea why Magnetic/Camel is not available?