Driving observations from my neighbor - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Driving observations from my neighbor

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving observations from my neighbor

Old 10-05-2018, 03:50 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Not so much in the 02 having a muffler but the l99 i get the, look at me at the stoplight then they proceed to role the windows up...too funnay

Old 10-05-2018, 04:59 PM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.
With that sort of holier than thou, how dare you drive a stinky, smokey, dinosaur, nonsense, I've told them they are welcome to buy me a new truck if it will make them happy.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:15 PM
dn29626
Posting Guru
dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SRBF150 View Post
…I loaned him my truck...
You are sooooooooooooo much a more generous neighbor than I am.
I was thinking while reading through this post...I can count on one hand the number of times my adult daughter has driven mine. Those emergencies have been so rare.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:01 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Dam those tree huggers, twice ive been called out because of my truck.
Once by heavy set lady with peace signs emblems and all this green gibberish crap on her car with Cali plates saying how much old trucks polute and blah blah, my response "No more harmful that what comes out your mouth or ***" she just turn around and sat in her car lol....
The other person as well as to how much polution diesel trucks emit blah blah blah...
I told him "how the hell do you think your green car got delivered dumb ***" same reaction as the lady and he had Cali plates OMG!!!! Why do the weirdos come from Cali???

Old 10-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
I told him "how the hell do you think your green car got delivered dumb ***" same reaction as the lady and he had Cali plates OMG!!!! Why do the weirdos come from Cali???
Iíve said that exact same thing! It shuts them up pretty quick. The problem is the weirdos are escaping to the East!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Silverhks is starting off with a positive reputation.
You should see the looks I get from the big stinky white cloud nine emits on warm startups ATM. I really need to figure that out sigh.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:49 PM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Well I love my '14 Lariat. It's so nice and the power the 6.7 produces is amazing. But I kept my late' 99 7.3. I still love it too! 😉

Old 10-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Silverhks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ohh, and I've also had several offers to buy it in parking lots. To be clear, other than being a7.3 it is nothing special

Old 10-05-2018, 09:57 PM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Silverhks View Post
Ohh, and I've also had several offers to buy it in parking lots. To be clear, other than being a7.3 it is nothing special
Yeah I've had a couple offers for my 7.3. Like you said it's nothing special, it has a couple character dents. But mechanically it's as sound as possible. That's where my 99 shines above my 14..the dependability factor. I've had it for 12 years and would trust it to go any distance.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Schlepprock250, are you concerned at all about the reliability of your 6.7 as it ages and you drive it more? What are your plans for service if/when it needs it? Do you feel comfortable climbing under the hood like you do with the 7.3?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:53 PM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Schlepprock250, are you concerned at all about the reliability of your 6.7 as it ages and you drive it more? What are your plans for service if/when it needs it? Do you feel comfortable climbing under the hood like you do with the 7.3?
No I'm not concerned with the future reliability of the 6.7, but the reliability of my '99 is proven. I've always done all of my own work except for my wife's' 14 Impala because we bought it new and it's still under warranty. Raising the hood and seeing a 6.7 is a little intimidating compared to raising the hood and seeing a 7.3 but I've been researching and learning the 6.7 for quite a while now so I will be doing all the maintenance /repairs on it as well. My brother in law owns his own big truck repair business so I have a garage fully stocked with every tool imaginable at my disposal.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:22 PM
viperman86
Senior User
viperman86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
Dam those tree huggers, twice ive been called out because of my truck.
Once by heavy set lady with peace signs emblems and all this green gibberish crap on her car with Cali plates saying how much old trucks polute and blah blah, my response "No more harmful that what comes out your mouth or ***" she just turn around and sat in her car lol....
The other person as well as to how much polution diesel trucks emit blah blah blah...
well, about 25% of us are republican, and not bat **** crazy =)

Old 10-06-2018, 06:31 AM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dn29626 View Post
You are sooooooooooooo much a more generous neighbor than I am.
I was thinking while reading through this post...I can count on one hand the number of times my adult daughter has driven mine. Those emergencies have been so rare.
It works both ways with this guy. He loaned my wife his 4wd Mahindra tractor this summer for her to use and we use his dump trailer pretty regularly. He also lets me hunt his land and he'll drop whatever he's doing to help at any time. Definitely a good guy and family. Other than him, no one other than my wife has driven my truck. No need to really.

All that said, I did hand the truck over to him on the economy tune! He did mention it takes a lot of throttle to get going, but that is strictly a tune characteristic. The street shredder and cummins killer tunes are very different.

I was ripping around in the street shredder yesterday, that tune with the 366 is a match made in heaven! Man, 30psi with part throttle, quick shifts and you're at highway speed in no time.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:45 AM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
I get my share of eyeballs from the hybrid/electric/millenial crowd in a parking lot. Apparently the HEUI "symphony" automatically means pollution, global warming, and clubbing baby seals.
I have been accosted on a couple of occasions by greenies with that sort of argument. In each case, they were driving Priuses. The old Excursion was used to drag three teenage daughters and 3-4 of their friends plus all their crap to the beach house in Mexico, a 600 mile one-way trip. So I asked them how many Priuses I'd have to own to make that trip to Mexico, and what the aggregate fuel economy would be considering we'd need at least one Prius to carry luggage alone. Taken in that context, the amount of work accomplished for the MPG, the Excursion doesn't look so bad.

Thinking of putting one of these right on the chrome exhaust tip:

Old 10-06-2018, 06:21 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
I had a guy come by my house a while back that said he had not noticed it being moved much. When I told him that it WAS a 7.3 he offered a bunch of money on the spot. I am sure that we all know what the answer was! (See sig below.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.