2 Faults - should I be worried? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

2 Faults - should I be worried?

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Brother_Bluto
Senior User
Brother_Bluto is starting off with a positive reputation.

So last night I received two faults through the Ford Pass App about two hours after I parked the truck. Never saw the check engine light, and wasn't any issues with driving. We are packing up and heading home (pulling a 12,000# 5er about 700mi). The truck is a 2017 6.7L F350 CCSB w/14K mi. The two messages were:
  • Charge System Fault: The charging system has detected a fault.
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory: The Engine system has detected a misfire fault.
Should I be worried? Have it looked at when I get back, or needs immediate look?

Old 10-04-2018, 10:24 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Engine misfire could be related to low voltage. Low voltage could leave you on the side of the road if the alternator isn't charging properly. I would definitely have it checked out before leaving.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:41 PM
lariatbob
Senior User
lariatbob is starting off with a positive reputation.
I get those once in a while on the app. Never had any felt misfire, never any voltage issues. I ignore them. No stored codes or warning lights. Seems to happen when the truck is off, strangely enough. I think it's a glitch.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:40 PM
bobv60
Posting Guru
bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.
I get them if I turn the ignition on, and do not start the truck. Don't think its anything to worry about

Old 10-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Brother_Bluto
Senior User
Brother_Bluto is starting off with a positive reputation.
i did run over to the local dealer (Bozard Ford in St. Augustine, FL) before hitting the road just to be safe. They said no codes were logged, but did say my ECU software needed the newest version which they loaded and test drove after. I will say that Bozard was great - the service adviser was very helpful, got me in quick without an appointment, and overall great service.

I started thinking about the message from the FordPass app - I think the truck can only communicate over the wifi network (2017 F350).,. and I only setup my home network which was 700mi away. I know the FordPass app was also having problems as they posted warnings in the app and on their call in number - perhaps just a bug with the app.

In the end, we made it home without issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: