2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:18 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joninflorida
My truck is here!! At the dealership, arrived about 4pm today. FWIW the Ford tracking site still shows "in transit" definitely don't take that site as the gospel. Ordered 1/7/19 delivered 2/18/19. Not too bad, but the wait sucked Great dealer to deal with, Bartow Ford in you guessed it Bartow Fl. Should be picking her up in a few days. Got the 2500.00 PCO, the 1250.00 consumer cash, the 500.00 Ford finance credit (will be switching loan to the credit union within days) and a 500.00 Ford business owner voucher that I am going to have them do the spray in bed liner for 599.00 costing me 99.00. About 11k off the 69110.00 MSRP. I know some may have done a little better, but I am happy with the end deal, and I have purchased my last 2012 6.7 Lariat from the dealer and I thought I would never say it, but I like the dealer. Can't wait to get her home, a fair amount of upgrades sitting in the garage for the last couple of weeks now - LOL.
Please let us all know if you for sure are able to add the 2500$ / 3000$ PCO along with the 1250 consumer cash offers. Its gone back and forth on the debate if the 1250 and the PCO that just dropped can be combined.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:20 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Mine was on a roll and is stuck in Awaiting Shipment for 2 Weeks now. Starting to get close to the March 3rd delivery date that the system moved up from the 8th on its own. Who knows anymore!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:21 PM
mattymax
Fleet Mechanic
Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
My dealer let me combine my $2500 and $1250. But I was NOT able to get the extra $500 for the Lariat trim because my VIN did not qualify. I think since my truck was a special order the VIN was too new and didn't count.

My total off was $4,250

Old 02-18-2019, 08:24 PM
khensley
Senior User
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by joninflorida
My truck is here!! At the dealership, arrived about 4pm today. FWIW the Ford tracking site still shows "in transit" definitely don't take that site as the gospel. Ordered 1/7/19 delivered 2/18/19. Not too bad, but the wait sucked Great dealer to deal with, Bartow Ford in you guessed it Bartow Fl. Should be picking her up in a few days. Got the 2500.00 PCO, the 1250.00 consumer cash, the 500.00 Ford finance credit (will be switching loan to the credit union within days) and a 500.00 Ford business owner voucher that I am going to have them do the spray in bed liner for 599.00 costing me 99.00. About 11k off the 69110.00 MSRP. I know some may have done a little better, but I am happy with the end deal, and I have purchased my last 2012 6.7 Lariat from the dealer and I thought I would never say it, but I like the dealer. Can't wait to get her home, a fair amount of upgrades sitting in the garage for the last couple of weeks now - LOL.
is it a Lariat? The PCO email says $3,000 on Lariat?

Old 02-19-2019, 12:14 AM
SuperDutyPWR
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Picked up my truck, had a few scratches and even some primer showing with clearcoat over a spot and a few fisheyes. I didn't wait 58 days to complain to the dealers but I wish Ford would do a better job in the paint department, big disappointment there.
As for the scratches either from transport or at the dealer before I took delivery, through the clear to the base on driver side rear door to cab corner, must have been something metallic with sharp edge. Swirl marks all over, yea it's a black truck but I've never seen a brand new truck with clear over primer and dealer detailer usually do a bad job but I thought I'd give them a chance. well never again! LOL Indentations in the clear from obvious contact after color but before clear coat went on. (factory mistake) Well I will probably end up fixing those mistakes myself and out of my pocket since I want it done right like the old saying goes. I just told the dealer to take care of me later. Time to bust out the polisher and compounds, paint correction then ceramic coat it myself! I just wanna drive the truck and that I did!

Old 02-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Stuewe
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Editing this post - it did not copy and paste correctly.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:01 AM
joninflorida
Senior User
Originally Posted by STIBUILDER
Please let us all know if you for sure are able to add the 2500$ / 3000$ PCO along with the 1250 consumer cash offers. Its gone back and forth on the debate if the 1250 and the PCO that just dropped can be combined.
Paperwork is fully completed - dealer honored the 2500 PCO and 1250 consumer cash, 500 Ford finance (will switch to my credit union before the ink dries 7.9% vs. 3.05%) and a 500 voucher for business owner that Ford offers, so the spray in bed liner will cost me 99 bucks vs. 599. It's not the 3000 on the PCO because I did not get the Lariat ultimate package, I purchased the value package. I went back and forth on that one, I did not know about the extra 500 bucks from the PCO when I ordered the truck. All in all about 11k off a 69110.00 MSRP. Truck is being delivered to me by the sales rep this Thursday!!

Old 02-19-2019, 11:03 AM
Stuewe
Trailering
I went off too far in the incorrect thread about building and ordering my 2019 F350. I feel like this would be the best threat to carry it forward, so I'm attempting to copy and paste some of the good conversations we had:

***ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM ME****

Could someone please check my build and tell me if I'm making any huge mistakes?

I currently own a 2010 F150, tow a 7500K travel trailer, active Army so we move a lot, and we love road trips to camp. We've exceed capacity with that 150 and I want to buy a 10-15 year truck (or longer).

1. F350, 4x4, 160"WB
2. 6.7L PSD (I'm tired of hills kicking my ***)
3. 3.55 e-lock axle
a. This adds the Heavy Front Suspension
4. Off road package
5. Extended running boards (wheel to wheel
6. Rapid heat supplemental
7. Engine block heater
8. Blind Spot Info System
9. Tow Tech Bundle
10. Roof clearance lights
11. Upfitter switches
12. Lariat Ultimate (I thought about going value package..but why at this point)
13. Power moonroof twin panel (for the kids and dogs)
14. Heated rear seats (for the kids)
15. All weather mats (so I don't have to buy them elsewhere)
16. Spray liner (so I don't have to buy it later)

Any feedback? Any mistakes?

I need it to tow a travel trailer, last a long time, keep a wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs (2 Guinea pigs too) SAFE, and haul a lot of crap across the USA.

The best price I've been quoted so far was 65,100, which equaled about 71K out-the-door.

The price hurts like hell, but I'm unsafe with my current set up and I'm going to haul a lot and drive a lot, so I want the Diesel.

Thanks guys

****67L48's REPLY****

Here are some additional comments from a guy (me) who is about a week away from ordering his own F350, future-proof diesel 4wd. And, like you, I keep my trucks for 15+ years.

3. Just so you know, the 3.55 only requires upgraded springs if you stay with 18" wheels. If you move to 20" wheels, then this requirement goes away. I don't care for 20" wheels, so I have the same experience as you ... when I build with 3.55, I am compelled to upgrade my front suspension.
As noted by others, there are 3 offerings of upgraded suspension: the HD that gets added with 18" and 3.55, the camper package, and the snow plow package. These differences have been beaten to death here and elsewhere, so if you want to know the differences between them, search. But, note that these are sort of cumulative. If you get the camper, it's only a few bucks more and you get the rear sway bar. If you get the snow plow, I think it adds the heaviest front springs and heavier duty alternators ... but the big dual alt get added with the supplemental heat, anyway. I'm on the fence between camper ($35) and camper/snowplow ($100).

4. FX4 just adds skid plates, crappy shocks that won't matter, decals, and hill descent. Hill descent is for 20 mph or lower and really for offroading. This has nothing to do with towing or regular highway driving. Would be useful, perhaps, if you had a super steep driveway or went offroading on steep forest service roads. Skid plates are spotty, at best, and can be added for much cheaper as its own stand-alone option. Of course, the decals are nice. Just be aware that this package offers very little to the generalist and probably only benefits a specific use model.

5. I thought the extended running boards were goofy ... until I tried them out. Absolutely amazing. I use a monkey-like approach today using the back edge of my regular running board and my tire to prop up into the side of my bed. Not any more! Thought the power running boards may extend farther downward and toward the person, they only extend as far as the cab. There aren't power extended running boards. Not only is it a mechanical device that can go wrong (I worry about the placement of those motors and the constant barrage of road grit, grime, and moisture), it doesn't give you bed access. So, choose the solution that works best. I tried them both out. Extended were much better. If extended were discontinued, I'd opt for regular. I just didn't really like the power ones any better than fixed-in-place boards.

7. Probably only need this if your truck is outside in -20 F weather. For $100, I'm adding this. However, I don't really know why. I'm in CO, but the coldest it really gets around here is -10 F ... and my truck is in an insulated garage, where it sees probably 10-40 F temps. Probably a smart add for such a low amount, but I doubt I ever use it.

8. BLIS is also great on my wife's Subaru and I'd not buy a new vehicle without this ... particularly one as large and long as these SDs. Yes, I know the 8' bed folks will smirk at us with our "cute" little short beds. Fair enough. It's still a big truck compared to a sedan. So, BLIS is a must-have on my list.

13. I've owned 3 Fords in model years 2005 and newer. All three had moonroofs. All 3 had problems with them, including my daily driver that has one that's completely broken (fortunately, it's broken in place!). You couldn't give me a moonroof on a new truck. They look cool on a new truck. But, I just don't use them and they break. It's one of the heavier options that will take a chunk out of payload. Oh, and it's a pretty expensive option, too. No thanks.

14. Repetitive theme ... my wife's Subaru has rear seat heated seats. My younger kids rarely use them ... even in the winter on the way to school in the morning. Seemed like a really cool feature at the time I bought the car. In practice, meh. It's a $300 option that I'm going to skip. If you'll be using your F350 to ferry your kids around a lot, then maybe it makes sense.

15. I'm doing this. When you order these, you don't get the carpeted floor mats and you get a credit. That's why they're $120 on an order, but $150 or more from the Ford parts counter ... the credit you get from Ford not giving you the carpeted mats. I've seen quite a few pics and it doesn't look like the Ford mats are quite as good as WeatherTech/Husky. However, the 3-piece set for those other brands are upwards of $190 the last time I price-checked. Are they better? Perhaps. Are they 60%/$70 better? Not to me.

16. Agreed. This seems like a fair price and an easy way to get a liner. You can watch YouTube videos that show how much better Line-X/Rhino are than the Ford factory liner. OK. It's upwards of $700 here for Line-X. Ford's liner looks good enough to me and my uses.

Couple more notes:

a. If you want the garage door opener integrated, that's another option that you'll have to add. I use mine. I find it atrocious that with a Lariat Ultimate build, you still don't get garage door openers in the visor. Insane. Cha-ching

b. It comes with A/S tires. For ~$275 you can step up to A/T tires that are slightly larger in diameter. For a few bucks more, you can get OWL, but I don't like OWL tires. Either way, make sure you get tires that you like.

c. Chrome package. It's nets out at around $750 more than a truck with stand-alone running boards. It gets you chrome wheels, chrome door handles, chrome mirror caps, chrome exhaust tip, chrome tow hooks, and, if you do NOT get the bed liner, chrome tie downs in the bed. I actually like all of those things except the wheels. I actually prefer the standard wheels. So, I'm opting out, but I do like chrome door handles and such.

d. If you want to build this out, go to the Ford X-Plan Site and enter code MC405. That's the Mustang Club of America code. Then you can price out the truck and see the X-Plan pricing. This is a good tool to use to find a good baseline price.

Good luck

****END 67L48 REPLY****

1. So I'm still conflicted on tires/wheels/suspension. I like the idea of adding the snow-plow/camper package now -- but am I correct that makes 18" wheels the only option -- if so, is that an issue?
2. Still on the fence with the moon-roof. Any more feedback there is helpful
3. I'm ditching FX4 and just adding skid plates
4. I'm adding adaptive cruise
5. I'm loving this forum.

Thank you

Old 02-19-2019, 11:43 AM
jackbauersmom
Senior User
the FX4 package changes prices differently depending on what trim model you start with. on a lariat it will change the net price by $1000 if you stay with the 3.31 gears because it adds the e-locker and different tires in addition to the skids and hill descent. if you have 3.55 gears selected it changed the price by like $600. on my platinum it only was $400 because platinum's come standard with 3.55 gears. I'm just saying this because you should look into packages sometimes because it gives a few things for less money.

people either love or hate the sunroofs, there really is not an in between. I only will buy vehicles with them. as for adaptive cruise I would never get it, my wife's vehicle has it and it is worthless. those 2 options really only you can decide about. good luck.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:26 PM
Mass-n-Trash
Junior User
Well my estimated delivery date, from well over a month ago, never changed and was always 2/19 (today). Unfortunately, it did not come in and the site just updated to show a delivery date of 2/21. BUMMER!

Old 02-19-2019, 10:21 PM
winterkill
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ordered mine 2/13. 250 Lariat in Silver Spruce. Dealer here in Western ND says 12 to 15 weeks. Man, that's a long wait!!

Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 PM
khensley
Senior User
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
My order date was 1/7/19.

Build week 2/10

Delivery projected 3/5

Old 02-20-2019, 05:06 AM
mtl-biker
Junior User
Hi

My truck is built and i add my new truck in Ford pass but its not connected i have to start the truck to activate it. I make that to track my truck but no success loll
Mario

Old 02-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Tinstar36
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mass-n-Trash
Well my estimated delivery date, from well over a month ago, never changed and was always 2/19 (today). Unfortunately, it did not come in and the site just updated to show a delivery date of 2/21. BUMMER!
At least yours updated mine still set to 2/16 and its past that only says 5 days way and jumps up aday every day

Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Tinstar36
At least yours updated mine still set to 2/16 and its past that only says 5 days way and jumps up aday every day
Mine is stuck pending awaiting shipment, wonder if they are trying to build a full rail car to Seattle? Do we know all the trucks come out via rail or the same carrier?

Quick Reply: Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?