Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait? - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Jeebusillin
New User
Jeebusillin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by JD'sBigredv10 View Post
Go buy the truck off the lot. You're under no obligation to take delivery of your ordered truck. As a matter of fact, the dealer can just cancel your order at this point.
Is that right? I hate to be the guy that does something like this, but i would honestly love to avoid the wait and have my new truck now.

I just talked to my dealer earlier this week and made a comment that i should have just bought a truck off the lot, and he said that it was "too late for that now, your order is in"

is it really just a simple as canceling it?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:09 AM
JD'sBigredv10
Senior User
JD'sBigredv10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It is that simple. I doubt that Ford has even scheduled it for production. And once again, at no point are you obligated to take delivery of the truck you ordered. You are not under contract. Even if you gave them a deposit (which is not necessary or typical), it is fully refundable. As a courtesy, call the dealer that placed the order and let them know that you found a truck on another dealer's lot. If you really want to be nice about it, give them a chance to work out a dealer trade. That way you get your truck now and your salesman and dealership still get the sale. It's a win-win.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:00 PM
AceRed
Junior User
AceRed is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Jeebusillin View Post
Is that right? I hate to be the guy that does something like this, but i would honestly love to avoid the wait and have my new truck now.

I just talked to my dealer earlier this week and made a comment that i should have just bought a truck off the lot, and he said that it was "too late for that now, your order is in"

is it really just a simple as canceling it?
I wouldn't want to be that guy either. Not really fair to the dealer it was ordered from. They took the order in good faith. What if they sold the truck out from under the person ordering it when it came in. But keep in mind I work in retail and am not real fond of retail customers attitudes that have developed in the last decade. Everyone thinks the dealer/store needs to eat their every whim. Can't believe how bad that stuff has gotten.

Side note. My order just moved up a day! Now scheduled in on the 15th!!! Cotus says 4 days....yet the calendar says 5. 4.....or 5.... very loooong days, lol.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:25 PM
JD'sBigredv10
Senior User
Originally Posted by AceRed View Post
I wouldn't want to be that guy either. Not really fair to the dealer it was ordered from. They took the order in good faith. What if they sold the truck out from under the person ordering it when it came in. But keep in mind I work in retail and am not real fond of retail customers attitudes that have developed in the last decade. Everyone thinks the dealer/store needs to eat their every whim. Can't believe how bad that stuff has gotten.

Side note. My order just moved up a day! Now scheduled in on the 15th!!! Cotus says 4 days....yet the calendar says 5. 4.....or 5.... very loooong days, lol.
I agree with you. I would never leave my dealer stuck with my custom order truck unless there were some sort of dire circumstances but the OP ordered the truck two weeks ago. There is a 99% chance that he can cancel the order and no one is out anything. If the truck isn't some crazy configuration, the dealer might even want to leave the order in place and bring it into inventory. No harm, no foul. Like I said, if he gives his current dealership the chance to work out a dealer trade for the truck he has identified, everybody wins!

Old 10-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Jesse4812
Senior User
Jesse4812 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesse4812 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesse4812 has a very good reputation on FTE.
My F-450 has been built and in transit. Salesman sent me a text yesterday that shows it's delayed because of "conveyance mechanical failure". Car problems or locomotive problems?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:41 AM
AceRed
Junior User
Originally Posted by JD'sBigredv10 View Post
I agree with you. I would never leave my dealer stuck with my custom order truck unless there were some sort of dire circumstances but the OP ordered the truck two weeks ago. There is a 99% chance that he can cancel the order and no one is out anything. If the truck isn't some crazy configuration, the dealer might even want to leave the order in place and bring it into inventory. No harm, no foul. Like I said, if he gives his current dealership the chance to work out a dealer trade for the truck he has identified, everybody wins!
Agreed. I would do as you say. Go talk to the dealer and see what he's thinking.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Jeebusillin
New User
Jeebusillin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Went and talked to my dealer today, layed it all out for him. To make things short, hes not interested in doing a dealer to dealer and allowing me to buy that one. He said that my order which has been in for 14 days as of today, and to be honest, i have reason to believe he didnt actually put the order in until the following week because they had the wrong color on the order sheet they had given me, and had to correct it, but he again, to make things short said that there is nothing he can do on the ordered truck, and that ford already is making is, from the day I place the order. I checked cotus last night, and nothing was updated on that yet... and for some reason the website is down currently so i cant update that.

I guess im stuck waiting. Im a business owner, i deal with a few thousand customers each year, personally, and I although i have no knowledge of how ford works with there orders, I am having a hard time believing that ford already is working on the order, even with no update on cotus.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:28 PM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Yeah, what the hell does this mean?

Old 10-11-2018, 12:35 PM
RobSTug
New User
RobSTug is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RobSTug is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I ordered my 2019 F350 Lariat August 24th and received the truck September 3rd, so 52 days, I have to say Ford needs to do a better job informing customers of the build status, the dealership did not know where the truck was once it left Kentucky, very frustrating, I have a app on my phone that tells me where im at at all times, you mean a truck with 100K plus dollars in inventory can leave and they have no idea where it is or when its coming. I think they have room for improvement! I ment October 3rd Sorry! it was 52 days, the build date was September 17th.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:36 PM
JD'sBigredv10
Senior User
I think your dealer is being less than completely honest with you. It is unlikely that your order has even been scheduled for build. My order was entered into the system on 8/24. Two weeks later it appeared as "In Order Processing" on COTUS. Two weeks after that I received a build date of 10/8. On 10/6, the status went to "In Production". That is 43 days from order to production and I think that is pretty typical.

It sounds like COTUS is down for good. When you get a VIN you can track it here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Last edited by JD'sBigredv10; 10-11-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
One issue with that site, it lists truck's configuration inaccurately.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:48 PM
AceRed
Junior User
Just got a call from the dealer. My truck is in town. Must have come rail and said it is on the "ramp". Could be today, tomorrow etc. Even though it's not that long....it sure seems like a long wait. Ordered 7-25, entered into Ford on 7-26 with build of 9-17 or 9-14. Never could tell what the real date was. Delivery is imminent.

Anyone want to start a gofundme page now!

Old 10-11-2018, 03:58 PM
fortheford
Junior User
fortheford is starting off with a positive reputation.
You think your dealer is doing you any favors? Think for a moment they care one bit about anything other than your ability to write a check or get approved for financing? You owe them *nothing*. You walking away from an order will not make a single dent or difference to that dealer. You getting the truck you want is the only thing you need to worry about.

I've bought ... in the last 10 years maybe close to 20-25 vehicles, across all lines from Mercedes, BMW, Ram, Ford, Chevy/GM...trust me when I say there is not a dang thing you owe anyone and the only thing that matters to the dealer is your ability to pay or sign a finance agreement.

Good luck and do what is in your best interest.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:47 PM
fortheford
Junior User
fortheford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just to add to my post above, funny timing ... I literally just received an update on my second F-250 order that has a VIN assigned to it (ordered on 9/17). ETA is now roughly November (I'm in NorCal area). The person I'm working with said "Your first truck is here you sure you don't want it" ...which I didn't because a mistake was made on the order, hence the second order being placed. At no point have I signed anything or given a deposit. I jokingly asked for a picture of the payload sticker of the first truck and few minutes later got back "looks like it sold".

The point being - you owe them nothing on an order and can walk away anytime for any reason you feel like. And secondly, if you don't buy it, someone else will....

Old 10-11-2018, 04:52 PM
KJYoung6.7L
Freshman User
KJYoung6.7L is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by fortheford View Post
Just to add to my post above, funny timing ... I literally just received an update on my second F-250 order that has a VIN assigned to it (ordered on 9/17). ETA is now roughly November (I'm in NorCal area). The person I'm working with said "Your first truck is here you sure you don't want it" ...which I didn't because a mistake was made on the order, hence the second order being placed. At no point have I signed anything or given a deposit. I jokingly asked for a picture of the payload sticker of the first truck and few minutes later got back "looks like it sold".

The point being - you owe them nothing on an order and can walk away anytime for any reason you feel like. And secondly, if you don't buy it, someone else will....
Im about to place an order and my dealer is asking for $1000 deposit. Said I can write a check or use a credit card and it will be applied to my down payment. Hmm...I really donít care I guess as there is zero chance theyíll get in a truck like the Lariat I ordered and Iíve seen zero around me. Just was surprised to read technically you donít have to put a deposit down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.