Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait? - Page 42 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Just placed order for 2019 Super Duty - Should I be prepared for long wait?

Old 01-21-2019, 09:40 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Joe T is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got 10,200 off on it. So around 5k in fees.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:32 PM
titus_4
New User
titus_4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine was delivered today! Ordered November 19th. I ordered through fleet so never really had much for updates. The only thing I could get anything from was palsapp.com. Checked it Friday and it said dispatched. Checked today and it said delivered. I called my fleet guy and he had no idea it had even shipped yet. I'm in Central Indiana so no rail for me, direct on truck. I drove 30 minutes to the dealership to double check. Hopefully I can get everything squared away tomorrow and go pick it up. Been without a truck since November 15th. This is my first new truck and first Ford. It's more than likely going to be headed to the UP on Sunday for a week of snowmobiling.

9 weeks exactly from order to delivery. Not too bad considering that included Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:26 AM
hollygreenman
Senior User
hollygreenman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ordered 10/01/18. Still, no truck!

Old 01-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Bombero
Junior User
Bombero is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hollygreenman View Post
What does the dealer GM say? Have you spoken to the Ford District Manager?

Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Bohojo
Junior User
Bohojo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok! The button to view the window sticker is now up, but when I click on it, it says try again later. Lol!

such teases!

Old 01-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Dwightdr
Junior User
Dwightdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
My salesman just sent me this....

Old 01-22-2019, 06:18 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bohojo View Post
Ok! The button to view the window sticker is now up, but when I click on it, it says try again later. Lol!

such teases!
Itíll be up tonight or tomorrow. Mine did the same.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:07 PM
hollygreenman
Senior User
hollygreenman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Bombero View Post

What does the dealer GM say? Have you spoken to the Ford District Manager?
They're not saying much. More managers and district people getting involved. They can't find it. Kinda funny, actually.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:11 PM
Joe T
Elder User
F-that.

Once I get mine delivered and confirm my salesguy is what he seems like I’ll post his info up. No haggle lowest price and emails back quick.

Hate wasting my time buying cars.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 PM
STIBUILDER
Senior User
STIBUILDER is starting off with a positive reputation.
They're not saying much. More managers and district people getting involved. They can't find it. Kinda funny, actually.
I had the same thing go on, the order was put in sometime early October, wonder if there was some type of computer issue? I got a new order number that was super long but no vin, hope to have a VIN Friday, I was told they put the order on an executive rush status. Sounds like BS we will see. What I need is the ability to do a national search on all Ford dealers for the truck I want, I cant believe its not out there. Found one with all but the Roof. Someone has to have a easy way to search these trucks somehow.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:43 PM
2019RRSDLARIAT
Junior User
2019RRSDLARIAT is starting off with a positive reputation.
go on palsapp.com and see if it's been dispatched. Mine was but we got hit with a ton of snow and yesterday was a holiday so I'm sure I'll get mine tomorrow or Thursday. We shall see.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:37 PM
Bombero
Junior User
Bombero is starting off with a positive reputation.
So you ordered on 10-1-18, and almost 4 months later, the dealer (and maybe FoMoCo) has nothing. I ordered my F350 on 11-29-18, and I pick it up from the dealer on Friday, a little under 2 months. 60-75 days seems to be about the average, and you’re at 120 days and Ford has no flipping idea if your truck even exists.

If I’m the District Manager, I’m giving you a inventory of every super duty in my region. Then you take your pick, for the best price I can do (A-Z, 5% under invoice, whatever). I know it probably won’t work out like that, but Ford needs to make this right. That’s where I start the negotiations.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Joe T
Elder User
Yeah they need to make these messed up orders right.

Its not like they are doing you a favor when ordering. Probably the most profitable way to sell one.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:29 AM
kry226
Elder User
kry226 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Dwightdr View Post
My salesman just sent me this....
Man, wonder how your truck went into production so quickly? Due to the holiday shutdown, I basically have the same order and production dates as you, but I'm still "In Order Processing" and no window sticker to date. I'm trying to learn as much about the order process as I can but there's always something that leaves you scratching your head.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 AM
Dwightdr
Junior User
Dwightdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by kry226 View Post
Man, wonder how your truck went into production so quickly? Due to the holiday shutdown, I basically have the same order and production dates as you, but I'm still "In Order Processing" and no window sticker to date. I'm trying to learn as much about the order process as I can but there's always something that leaves you scratching your head.
Not sure, the only thing I can figure is that my dealer is a volume dealer for heavy duty trucks Ford's. He had about a 100 or so of F250 through F650's...

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.