Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Old 10-20-2018, 05:17 PM
axmrdr
Senior User
axmrdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Didn't do it today but I did it very recently.
Painted my old tired looking winch bumper with bedliner and added windows visors over all of the windows and a bug deflector on the hood.
Mirrors were changed out a couple of months ago.
Truck is dirty in the pic but you get the idea.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:24 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Judgement Day

Clutch time

The office

My butter..ya, he's enthused

Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
I am envious of you fellas that have the tools, resources and knowledge to do something like a clutch job on a ZF6, rear differentials, valve springs, etc...

Old 10-21-2018, 09:45 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Clutch time

The office

My butter..ya, he's enthused
hahahaha!! get some!!! This will be fun.

Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I am envious of you fellas that have the tools, resources and knowledge to do something like a clutch job on a ZF6.
It's really not bad at all Sous. I did mine last summer with the help of a good friend. The trans is heavy, but a trans jack takes care of that part.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:01 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Do you guys think the hood deflector really works? Maybe for bugs, but my truck came with one on it (8 years ago) and I've got a zillion, well 20 or so, little rock chips all over the windshield. Gravel ain't much heavier than some of those Jap beetles we got flying around here, just wondering if it's worth the trade off of trying to clean all the leaves and pines and other tree crap that collects under that shield while my truck is parked in the drive. The paint on the leading edge of my hood is pretty beat up.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:42 PM
axmrdr
Senior User
axmrdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
You nailed it in your last sentence. It hides the small chipped places on the front edge of the hood. I've had deflectors that worked pretty good before but they weren't sleek looking, this one looks good and may help some but I just filled up and had to clean bugs off of the windshield. (at the top where the wipers don't reach - we had rain yesterday)

The side window deflectors are great because I can crack my windows a tad so it doesn't turn into an oven and it doesn't rain in. No one can tell that they are open a little bit unless you come right up to it. All of the deflector pieces are from Weather Tech. Made in USA.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:05 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
No, the paint on the front edge of my hood is worn from all the dirt and crap that constantly collects there because of the deflector. I've removed it a few times over the years because that's the only way to really clean the hood, and the paint was ruined when I bought the truck.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:51 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Bagged n tagged

Well..had a GREAT story loaded with pics just a minute ago and somehow, went completely blank so yeah, im pissed right now haha..

Long story short, all went good with 1 hiccup. Found, you GOTTA install a Fitzall sleeve onto the clutch alignment tool because the bushing used/pilot needle bearing, the ID is bigger then that of the OD of tool. So, your clutch will not be lined up. Took us over an hr to FINALLY figure out why the trans just would not "go home"...

First thing first, get racecars outta way..yup, we had to \"warm them up"

Jay Fitzall bushing

Meet Mr ZF

Getn slave outta way

Re aligned

Old 10-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Jaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to behold
Well this was a few weeks ago but parked the truck (sadly) and flew back to remove the remaining items from the now rental property…

Old 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Gotta reverse the CCV vent and put it back to OEM permanently. Tired of dealing with CA Smog ever 2 years on this.

Stewart

Old 11-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Gotta reverse the CCV vent and put it back to OEM permanently. Tired of dealing with CA Smog ever 2 years on this.

Stewart
‘Sent you a pm Stewart

Old 11-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
‘Sent you a pm Stewart
Thanks, but that's still an illegal setup for Cali.

A vehicle cannot have it's closed crankcase system altered and vented to atmosphere, in California.

Stewart

Old 11-10-2018, 10:05 AM
slowsure
Senior User
slowsure is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yesterday was a long day. Did some maintenance that was badly overdue.
1. Coolant flush and replaced with ELC. I went with Delo ELC because it was the top choice of the “Gooich coolant flush thread” THANKS FTE for having all the great info in one spot!
2. Water pump replace. Did this in between distilled water flusches. Used the Motorcraft one from Riff Raff. Thermostat also with Riff Raff housing. This went uneventful except I noticed my plug on my CPS was almost unplugged. Looks like it’s been that way for a while. Need to add another item to the “to do list” sigh...
3. Cleaned the EVBP valve and tube.
4. Donaldson AIS
5. Upper and lower radiator hoses.

Truck has 130,000 miles on it. None of the items above were bad, just maintenance items in my mind. Water pump could have made more miles. It had some light scuffing of the impeller on the pump side, nothing on the engine side.

Went slow and cleaned things as I went. Feels good to “get around to” some of these things. BTW it got below freezing here last night.

Last edited by slowsure; 11-10-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Last week I removed and installed 8 GP's, 2 UVCH's and 2 valve cover gaskets.

This week I painted exhaust pipes, CAC tubes, mounting plate and turbo turbine. Next week is Borg Warner SXE and Carson Stauffer T4 kit install.

Old 11-11-2018, 01:46 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Got a new windshield yesterday. A buddy works for Safelite and put it in for me, couldn’t beat the price.

Looking at Pikes Peak through the new windshield.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.