Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Old 10-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by '88 E-350 View Post
An angle I hadn't considered. Not parking it in college campuses should cut that threat tremendously, but I do live in SoCal. Makes me wanna wire it to a cattle prod and install a dash cam.
‘That would rank up there with the electrified Trump signs during the election, some good videos on YouTube of people getting shocked after trespassing and trying to vandalize other people’s property.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:00 AM
Shovelheadrob
Elder User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob View Post
That was my first thought, the inners are silver but the spare is/was a peculiar grey.

The spare has been blasted, powder coated silver & the tyre remounted, yeah I know I could have cleaned up the tyre but no one is going to be crawling around under the truck to see it & if they do this will distract them!

Old 10-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Jaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to behold

Well finally got this beast put on, sadly I forgot to take the rad support and light/grill with me and left them in Lexington, oh well they will be going next drive up…also picked up some new vent visors for the truck

Co$t to me: Freebie so those will be going on the truck, unless I go through with the excursion plan

Old 10-13-2018, 10:54 PM
renoduckman
Senior User
renoduckman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Noise

Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I didn't do much other than jack it up to find the loud clunk coming from the passenger side. I can also make it clunk if I lift up and down on the bumper. It seems to be the leaf spring, but then it also sounds like it could be a track bar or drag link bushing. I laid under there while my wife moved it and could not pinpoint it to save my life. Maybe someone else has had this happen? It seems fairly common. My boss's truck makes the exact same sound and I can't find it on his either. Maybe I should start a new thread LOL!
Sway bar end links were causing this on my truck. Forgive me if you checked that already.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Dropped in 2 new Motorcraft batteries

Old 10-15-2018, 08:03 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by renoduckman View Post

Sway bar end links were causing this on my truck. Forgive me if you checked that already.
Thanks....and yeah, those are all new as of last year with polyurethane. I think I have narrowed it down to my track bar. I'll be replacing those bushings today or tomorrow. If not, no biggie since it's a fairly easy job and the bushings are cheap. Prolly needs to be done anyway.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:10 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Todays' a fix for what i took for granted. I noticed it a week ago, rotating tires that i chaulked it up to a failing tierod end. Tire had a minuute rock to it from side/side-up/down..well, going thru my old phone yesterday, gathering up customer #'s, i came across a snapshot of a HOW-TO on hub assembly(2wd). Lets just say, i set the castle nut to the closest hole for the codder pin to be inserted..

Old 10-15-2018, 09:22 AM
renoduckman
Senior User
renoduckman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Zf6

Changed the fluid in the 6 speed. Went with motorcraft mercon v since it's been working well. Ran out of time to change the transfer case fluid.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:24 AM
Shovelheadrob
Elder User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
Ok it wasn't on the truck but the centre caps on the trailer have been an eyesore for too long & today some shiny stainless steel ones arrived so it would have been rude not to swap them over.

Much improved!

Old 10-18-2018, 12:07 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Not today but this Sunday morning, the L99 getn SkyJay's prototype run of the Fitzall made bushing installed, along with a stock power LUK clutch kit w/flywheel....pics will follow sunday afternoon. If time allows, ill shoot for the valley [email protected]$k drain mod...also, Souslagadon, post up on size starter bolts needed bro...or text me..thanks mang

Old 10-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
If you are installing the Denso or similar style starter with the thicker mounting surface, you should definitely use longer bolts.

Bolts required for proper mounting on the ZF6 are M10-1.5 x 45

You can see the difference in thickness of the mounting surface between the OEM and Denso here...

Here is a picture of the 45mm bolts with a lock washer going through the starter and through the case.

If you don't use a washer or lock washer, you could probably get away with a 40mm bolt. The OEM bolts are 30mm and far too short with the Denso style starter because they only get a few threads in. See image below for OEM (30mm), 35mm, 40mm and the 45mm is the one I used that goes all the way through the case threads. This is a very secure method of mounting a large, gear reduction starter that will need all the bite it can get.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:08 PM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Connected my MAP sensor to the EBP sensor tube, greatly reduced the lag.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Hauled 2500 lbs of teak solid hardwood flooring to a buyer. Sure do like the AirLift 5000 bags.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:15 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Did ball joints and all new seals. My hands hurt LOL. Funny thing is, now my steering wheel is straight. It was a bit crooked before. Still gonna get it aligned though. It drives MUCH better tracking down the road and has no more annoying clunk sound from the front end.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob View Post

The spare has been blasted, powder coated silver & the tyre remounted, yeah I know I could have cleaned up the tyre but no one is going to be crawling around under the truck to see it & if they do this will distract them!
Going to finish up my spare tire carrier. Checked my spare, date 29 week of 08! It's the one that came on the truck and looks brand new. Time for a new spare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.