Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Old 10-08-2018, 02:14 AM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.
.50BMG antenna upgrade. I tapped the flash hole in the case to 10-24 and inserted the proper length SS screw, no measurement on that length, sorry, guessing 1 1/4". I inserted the screw with Locktite before seating the bullet then screwed the cartridge assembly in as if it were the antenna. I like radio so I ran a 24ga. bare copper wire from the antenna hole and tucked it into the windshield rubber up to about the middle of the windshield, the cartridge 'clamps' the wire to the hole and it seems to be working fine. I wanted it to stay shiny so I sprayed it with clear coat before installing it.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:15 AM
ZachinCO
Elder User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
Tracking shows my new bushings will be delivered today. If I can shoot an antelope quick tomorrow then maybe I'll get those done this weekend.
Well, it ended up being a lazy Sunday. Just a day to relax. But I have the new bushings in hand.

Originally Posted by '88 E-350 View Post
.50BMG antenna upgrade. I tapped the flash hole in the case to 10-24 and inserted the proper length SS screw, no measurement on that length, sorry, guessing 1 1/4". I inserted the screw with Locktite before seating the bullet then screwed the cartridge assembly in as if it were the antenna. I like radio so I ran a 24ga. bare copper wire from the antenna hole and tucked it into the windshield rubber up to about the middle of the windshield, the cartridge 'clamps' the wire to the hole and it seems to be working fine. I wanted it to stay shiny so I sprayed it with clear coat before installing it.
That's cool, but I'd be worried about some jackwagon trying to make it their own.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:36 AM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
That's cool, but I'd be worried about some jackwagon trying to make it their own.

I had that thought too. Hopefully they're nice enough to unscrew it and not try to snap it off which will likely take out the base. I might make a partial cut though the screw to weaken it just in case.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:21 PM
ZachinCO
Elder User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had that thought too. Hopefully they're nice enough to unscrew it and not try to snap it off which will likely take out the base. I might make a partial cut though the screw to weaken it just in case.
My thought was based on your location. I think I'd only worry if I drove up to Denver or certain parts of CO Springs.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
I drove mine in the highest setting on the GH TS6 just to see how he'd do when flogged on the freeway after dropping off a load of cardboard. Nice being able to just enjoy it some days

Old 10-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Shovelheadrob
Elder User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
Dropped the spare wheel as it loses pressure & looks fugly, when I got the truck it was full of leaves & dirt which was starting to cause some corrosion issues, so I've just had the tyre removed & dropped off the wheel at the blasters. Then off to the powder coaters, I've just got to decide what colour! Black, Silver, Grey or Chrome? I might then get the rear inners done too.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:17 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Silver would be my vote.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
My worry would be some idiot social justice warrior jackwagon sees it and he/she/it has the warped moral stance that it's their duty to remove it in a violent manner.

Stewart

Old 10-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Shovelheadrob
Elder User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
Silver would be my vote.
That was my first thought, the inners are silver but the spare is/was a peculiar grey.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:23 PM
MooSSe
Freshman User
MooSSe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Changed the oil and filter this morning. 275000 miles, so marked down 280000 for the next one.

Now I need to replace all the worn out front end pieces to tighten the steering up.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:52 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
58.00std bellows today.. Opened package and yup, get what you pay for..guess mine was packaged on a friday..

Old 10-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Used my tailgate that hangs out of the garage as a work surface for a bench top router table I built. Too much of a cheap *** to pay for a table.

Now I can finish the stairs the the basement by putting a bullnose edge on the teak flooring pieces and install them on the stairs.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:13 AM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
My worry would be some idiot social justice warrior jackwagon sees it and he/she/it has the warped moral stance that it's their duty to remove it in a violent manner.

Stewart
An angle I hadn't considered. Not parking it in college campuses should cut that threat tremendously, but I do live in SoCal. Makes me wanna wire it to a cattle prod and install a dash cam.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:29 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
... but I do live in SoCal. Makes me wanna wire it to a cattle prod and install a dash cam.

Stewart

Old 10-09-2018, 07:18 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
An angle I hadn't considered. Not parking it in college campuses should cut that threat tremendously, but I do live in SoCal. Makes me wanna wire it to a cattle prod and install a dash cam.
Worth the price of admission right here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.