Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+++++++ Today was a good day! What did you do to your rig? +++++++

Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Buying a 3.5" to 4" adapter for my exhaust since I neglected to pick one up for my SXE install... Other than that, the truck is sleeping in the garage.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:18 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Looks like good wintertime fun!! You gonna reseal the HPOP too while it's out?
By-Dog ..nah mang, sealed ur up last january. Found the culprit(oring on fitting leaked) after i ordered the kit, so it goes with the rest of the oring/gasket inventory..Sonnax will be next. Wonder if The Brad got his Sonnax install fixed? The oring is for my oem pump with 95k on it. The Airtex thats on the l99 is coming up on 200k. Figured, get a new oring for old pump for the, just in case, if i need to install ur, for the time being...with holiday around the corner, neither truck can afford to be down. Over 200 customers that need lit up, i aint got time to [email protected]

Old 10-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Shovelheadrob
Elder User
Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.Shovelheadrob has a good reputation on FTE.
So today I decided that as I had the tools, the know how & the time I'd just swap out the open rear diff for the Eaton Truetrac that's been sitting under my bench for far too long, everything went well with disassembly. Put the diff on the bench removed the ring gear & abs ring ready to go on to the new unit, put the 2 side by side & realised that I have the wrong truetrac! Doh! I thought that I'd researched everything but somewhere along the line I missed the bit about OEM Ford 3.73 gears being slimline & using a 4.10 up carrier, f***, I'm kicking myself around for this as I'm normally so ocd about stuff that I don't know how I missed it, but it is what it is! I hope I can find someone over here (UK) with a Dana 80 that wants it. On the plus side I have fitted the new aluminium cover with a drain plug which will make it a bit easier once I get the correct diff.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I drove it.

Seems funny and benign but over the last 3 years I've learned to appreciate a day where I can drive it without needing to park it and get out my tools shortly after.

Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob View Post
I thought that I'd researched everything but somewhere along the line I missed the bit about OEM Ford 3.73 gears being slimline & using a 4.10 up carrier...
Sorry to hear that. I have a Detroit Locker that's been in my garage for over a year (you are not alone) and I hope I don't run into the same issue.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob View Post
...realised that I have the wrong truetrac! Doh!
Oh damn, I feel for ya bro. I've done something similar (they sent wrong part, I didn't discover until too late to return) but thankfully, it was only a $100 dollar mistake.

Stewart

Old 10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
ZachinCO
Elder User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tracking shows my new bushings will be delivered today. If I can shoot an antelope quick tomorrow then maybe I'll get those done this weekend.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:10 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
Tracking shows my new bushings will be delivered today. If I can shoot an antelope quick tomorrow then maybe I'll get those done this weekend.
haha..betta post dat shiat, Antz Lee...

Old 10-05-2018, 04:24 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
BLUEMAX65 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well I decided to pull my motor and see whats inside. Plus I acquired some ported heads that were o-ringed. I was shocked when I pulled the heads off and found out I have a factory ford rebuilt engine that came with my truck. Now to see how weak these PMR rods really are. Last dyno 530/1200 at the wheels. I have a new drop in I'm going to try and after that I'm going to try a T4 with a 369 SXE.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Yikes Blue, bunch of work. Something happen, or just upgrading?

Old 10-05-2018, 04:55 PM
BLUEMAX65
Senior User
BLUEMAX65 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Yikes Blue, bunch of work. Something happen, or just upgrading?
Just upgrading. Wanted to put studs in for more boost. To be honest I'm just about done going any farther. Next step is way to much $$$

Old 10-06-2018, 02:05 AM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
aawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud of
Going out to work I saw a bunch of dew on the truck. Turned the hose on it. Just wait for the dew to form and *boom* that was effective. Have not actually washed it in at least 2 years.

Can't imagine why my wife says I'm lazy.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:36 AM
7.3 Powerstroke Guy
Junior User
7.3 Powerstroke Guy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Driving along and I start smelling raw fuel. Pull over and look underneath with it running and see that there is a good stream of it coming from the inspection cover vent. Turns out my fuel filter cap developed a hairline fracture. Im still running the factory cap. 18 years of heat cycles sure does take its toll. New cover and filter and shes leak free now.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:01 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I didn't do much other than jack it up to find the loud clunk coming from the passenger side. I can also make it clunk if I lift up and down on the bumper. It seems to be the leaf spring, but then it also sounds like it could be a track bar or drag link bushing. I laid under there while my wife moved it and could not pinpoint it to save my life. Maybe someone else has had this happen? It seems fairly common. My boss's truck makes the exact same sound and I can't find it on his either. Maybe I should start a new thread LOL!

Old 10-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by aawlberninf350 View Post
Going out to work I saw a bunch of dew on the truck. Turned the hose on it. Just wait for the dew to form and *boom* that was effective. Have not actually washed it in at least 2 years.

Can't imagine why my wife says I'm lazy.
This inspired me so I spent 2 hours cleaning and washing the truck. It is ready for 1 more camping trip, then the T4/SXE install.

Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I didn't do much other than jack it up to find the loud clunk coming from the passenger side. I can also make it clunk if I lift up and down on the bumper. It seems to be the leaf spring, but then it also sounds like it could be a track bar or drag link bushing. I laid under there while my wife moved it and could not pinpoint it to save my life. Maybe someone else has had this happen? It seems fairly common. My boss's truck makes the exact same sound and I can't find it on his either. Maybe I should start a new thread LOL!
I had clunks like that from the sway bar end links being worn out when I first bought the truck, Every time I hit a bump and sometimes during turning it would clunk.

I am happy to report that the LUK clutch hydraulic assembly removed the "clicking/snapping" noise I was getting for the past 4 years. I believe the noise was the prongs inside the master cylinder screaming at me that they could not hold out for much longer.

I got a couple of videos of the modified stock turbo I have at high idle, idle and short rev to ~1800 RPM from inside and outside the truck. These are in prep for creating the video for the T4/SXE install and results.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:23 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
Just finished washing and a light waxing on her. Get to be the chauffeur for daughter and her friends for homecoming..gotta dig that they aint embarrassed by its loudness

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.