Aftermarket Wheels - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Aftermarket Wheels

Old 09-30-2018, 03:18 PM
hipo_p51
New User
hipo_p51 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aftermarket Wheels

Who has method wheels on their super duty. I am considering the 701 style. Any comments?

Old 09-30-2018, 03:26 PM
brainofjjj
Junior User
brainofjjj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bolt pattern is right but they are not an HD wheel, be careful using these if towing heavy. Good looking wheel otherwise

Old 09-30-2018, 06:07 PM
LabCab
Posting Guru
LabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud of
I have a 2015 F350 CCLB 4x4 and haul a slide in camper. I just ordered Method NV305 HD wheels with a 4500 lb per wheel rating as I was over the stated weight capacity of the stock wheels.
I should get them next week. I also upgraded to Toyo AT2 Extreem tires with a 4080 lb capacity. Between the 2 I will be back within limits.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:07 PM
FractureCritical
Senior User
FractureCritical is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have method Double Standards on
my 01 F-250. Good finish, and they were rated at (I think) 3400 lbs each. Had them about 6 months. No complaints.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:10 PM
hipo_p51
New User
The 701 wheels are rated to 3800 and change. I tow about 6-7000 lbs total.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:56 PM
Cohlmeyer
Senior User
Cohlmeyer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hipo_p51 View Post
Who has method wheels on their super duty. I am considering the 701 style. Any comments?
i run the 305 nv on mine, great looking rim, clean up nicely also. No complaints.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:29 PM
LabCab
Posting Guru
LabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud of
Cohlmeyer, Any pictures of your truck with the wheels? Mine should come in this week, not sure how far they will stick out if any.
Thanks.
Pat

Old 10-01-2018, 07:10 PM
MadeInDade
Senior User
MadeInDade is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have read that the Method wheels are lug-centric, not hub-centric. I think that's what brainofjjj meant by the wheel is not a HD wheel. The wheel itself may be rated for enough, but all that weight is going to be on the lugs instead of the hub as it should be.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Cohlmeyer
Senior User
Cohlmeyer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by LabCab View Post
Cohlmeyer, Any pictures of your truck with the wheels? Mine should come in this week, not sure how far they will stick out if any.
Thanks.
Pat
here you go, maybe an inch out on mine running a 295/65/20

Old 10-02-2018, 12:49 AM
hipo_p51
New User
Originally Posted by MadeInDade View Post
I have read that the Method wheels are lug-centric, not hub-centric. I think that's what brainofjjj meant by the wheel is not a HD wheel. The wheel itself may be rated for enough, but all that weight is going to be on the lugs instead of the hub as it should be.
Ok, then what wheel brand do you recommend?

Old 10-02-2018, 07:36 AM
MadeInDade
Senior User
MadeInDade is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hipo_p51 View Post
Ok, then what wheel brand do you recommend?
I don't have any experience with aftermarket wheels on my Super Duty yet, so I can't testify to any brand or wheel. I just wanted to share what I've read. Before I read that, I just assumed wheels made for our bolt pattern would be hub-centric. I'm just gonna have to do some more research on wheels I like to see if they are hub-centric before I buy them.

I believe you can also buy or have hub-centric rings custom made to fit the wheel and hub specs.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:59 AM
FractureCritical
Senior User
FractureCritical is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MadeInDade View Post

this isn't entirely accurate.
Millions of wheels have been lug centric and working perfectly fine for the past 100+ years, and on trucks way heavier than ours.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a lug centric wheel that's been properly torqued and tightened in the same star pattern your grandfather taught you, however long ago that was.

Besides, if Ford et al really trusted the whole hub centric thing, then you'd have 4 lug bolts, not 8 (what would you need them for but to keep the wheel from working off? and resist traction?)
I guarantee you that you could dangle your whole truck loaded from the shearing capacity of any single lug stud on your truck.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:28 AM
brainofjjj
Junior User
Yeah i agree on the hub vs. lug centric issue. I'd prefer they be a perfect fit for both but with 8 lugs i don't see that as an issue. However, i think Method only makes one or two styles in HD, meaning they are rated for 4500 lbs per wheel. If they were forged i probably wouldn't worry but as someone who has personally broken a lot of cast wheels on my race car i'd steer clear of anything with lower weight ratings IF you tow heavy. My $.02

Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 AM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
This is what lug centric wheels on a hub centric axle can get you:

Old 10-02-2018, 09:14 AM
brainofjjj
Junior User
Originally Posted by ATC Crazy View Post
This is what lug centric wheels on a hub centric axle can get you:
Oh that is UGLY....
So who makes a decent wheel that's hub centric with our bolt pattern? I'm new the Ford world having owned mostly performance cars up to now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.