epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices - Page 8 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion
Reload this Page >

epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices

Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices

Old 12-21-2018, 04:55 PM
00t444e
Posting Guru
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
Your not even listing your source of your false information.Why? Is it because you don't know or you do and want to hide it? My guess is,you simply don't know any better.

The Human Freedom Index presents the state of human freedom in the world based on a broad measure that encompasses personal, civil, and economic freedom. Human freedom is a social concept that recognizes the dignity of individuals and is defined here as negative liberty or the absence of coercive constraint. Because freedom is inherently valuable and plays a role in human progress, it is worth measuring carefully. The Human Freedom Index is a resource that can help to more objectively observe relationships between freedom and other social and economic phenomena, as well as the ways in which the various dimensions of freedom interact with one another.

The report is co-published by the Cato Institute, the Fraser Institute, and the Liberales Institut at the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom.

The jurisdictions that took the top 10 places, in order, were New Zealand, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands and Denmark (tied in 6th place), Ireland and the United Kingdom (tied in 8th place), and Finland, Norway, and Taiwan (tied in 10th place).

Human Freedom Index
Human Freedom Index LOL what a joke. None of those 10 countries have the right to bear arms protected by a constitution, so that automatically puts the US above them. If you don't have the right to defend yourself, your family, and your property then you can't call that freedom. They don't have the right of free speech protected by a constitution either. Also Hong Kong isn't a country, it is a city of China which is a country with a huge list of human rights violations, like limiting how may kids you can have, religous freedom violations, labor violations, restrictions on freedom of the press, and the list goes on. Nice try but not even close, the USA still has more protected freedoms.
In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.
United States incarceration rate - Wikipedia

So upholding the law and incarcerating criminals only after they have been proven guilty by a fair trial is a bad thing? That must be a new idea I was unaware of.
According to BJS data, 19 of the states with private prison contracts incarcerate more than 500 people in for-profit prisons. Texas, the first state to adopt private prisons in 1985, incarcerated the largest number of people under state jurisdiction, 13,692.Aug 2, 2018

So upholding the law and incarcerating criminals only after they have been proven guilty by a fair trial is a bad thing? That must be a new idea I was unaware of.

You stated opinion.These are the facts. So no,living here with dirty air and dirty water (let me know if you want the stats on these lol.The polluted water map is depressing though,fair warning!) doesn't mean we live with more freedoms as a result.

Your measuring of greatness and freedom here,doesn't correlate with our current low EPA standards.Both are lower than other countries.
Don't go to the lame stream media and politicians for your "facts". Those people say things like "alternative facts" and "truth isn't truth". (no I'm not exaggerating.You can't make this stuff up lol,well they can apparently)
Are you tired of winning yet?
You complain that we have dirty air and water then put China on a list of countries better than us, that's some irony right there.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:33 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like clean air.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:11 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
FORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputation
TED/Published on Jan 11, 2019
How do you talk to someone who doesn't believe in climate change? Not by rehashing the same data and facts we've been discussing for years, says climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe. In this inspiring, pragmatic talk, Hayhoe shows how the key to having a real discussion is to connect over shared values like family, community and religion -- and to prompt people to realize that they already care about a changing climate. "We can't give in to despair," she says. "We have to go out and look for the hope we need to inspire us to act -- and that hope begins with a conversation, today."

Today, I am a climate scientist, a professor in the Department of Political Science and director of the Climate Science Center at Texas Tech University, part of the Department of Interiorís South-Central Climate Science Center. My research currently focuses on establishing a scientific basis for assessing the regional to local-scale impacts of climate change on human systems and the natural environment. To this end, I analyze observations, compare future scenarios, evaluate global and regional climate models, build and assess statistical downscaling models, and constantly strive to develop better ways of translating climate projections into information relevant to agriculture, ecosystems, energy, infrastructure, public health, and water resources.

I am also the founder and CEO of ATMOS Research, where we bridge the gap between scientists and stakeholders to provide relevant, state-of-the-art information on how climate change will affect our lives to a broad range of non-profit, industry and government clients. We work with a broad range of organizations, from Austin Water to Boston Logan Airport, to assess the potential impacts of climate change on their infrastructure and future planning.
BIO | Katharine Hayhoe

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: