Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion
Reload this Page >

epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices

Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices

 
  #61  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:58 PM
HDSlowride
HDSlowride is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 60
HDSlowride is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
ďAbove and Beyond: NASAís Journey to Tomorrow" just aired on the Science channel.Pretty compelling.Anyone else catch it? Looks like it's on again at midnight (eastern time) in case anyone wants to catch and or dvr it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTOtUQSKGTo
I am the manufacturing engineer that designed the method of manufacture, wrote the manufacturing processes and then built the mirrors and all other beryllium components for the JWST. That includes all eighteen flight primary mirrors, one EDU primary for backup, one secondary mirror, a tertiary mirror and a fine steering mirror. Also the delta frames for the primary mirrors and the OTE structure. Lots of smaller beryllium parts as well. Retired now and just waiting for march of 2021. MAYBE it will launch then. Ten years late and eight billion more than the original budget. But my mirrors were on time and on budget.
 
  #62  
Old 12-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Overkill2's Avatar
Overkill2
Overkill2 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Western NY
Posts: 803
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Pocket, I must admit it but you are as authoritarian as the guy who I've been going back and forth with on Facebook about the ongoing Mueller investigation as well as all of the other Never Trumpets but I digress.

I am not knowledgeable in this field as I let the experts who disagree with this agenda talk for me. I have seen a source on this 97% number which I'll have to dig up and post here. Sorry it took so long. I hope there wasn't a time limit to answer.

The problem I have here is that you totally dismiss this and won't look at the big picture. Anything of this nature which has a political agenda, it's own industry and is backed by the U.N., I seriously question it wholeheartedly. If the mainstream media, all of it, pushes the issue and does, I question the official story. Call me a conspiracy theorist, right wing wackjob, etc. I don't care. I don't trust the media and I like to try to think outside this global warming caused by man box. I don't mind standing alone. Someone more famous than me said, "Walk towards the fire, don't mind what they call you."

Here's an interesting article for those inclined to read it:


https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/4_reasons_why_climate_change_is_a_flatout_hoax.htm l
 

Last edited by Overkill2; 12-09-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Add to post
  #63  
Old 12-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
Pocket, I must admit it but you are as authoritarian as the guy who I've been going back and forth with on Facebook about the ongoing Mueller investigation as well as all of the other Never Trumpets but I digress.

I am not knowledgeable in this field as I let the experts who disagree with this agenda talk for me. I have seen a source on this 97% number which I'll have to dig up and post here. Sorry it took so long. I hope there wasn't a time limit to answer.

The problem I have here is that you totally dismiss this and won't look at the big picture. Anything of this nature which has a political agenda, it's own industry and is backed by the U.N., I seriously question it wholeheartedly. If the mainstream media, all of it, pushes the issue and does, I question the official story. Call me a conspiracy theorist, right wing wackjob, etc. I don't care. I don't trust the media and I like to try to think outside this global warming caused by man box. I don't mind standing alone. Someone more famous than me said, "Walk towards the fire, don't mind what they call you."

Here's an interesting article for those inclined to read it:


https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/4_reasons_why_climate_change_is_a_flatout_hoax.htm l
You say you donít trust media, then link to a right-wing fake news site. I hope you can see the irony in that.
 
  #64  
Old 12-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Overkill2's Avatar
Overkill2
Overkill2 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Western NY
Posts: 803
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post

You say you donít trust media, then link to a right-wing fake news site. I hope you can see the irony in that.
This is getting fun. I have to ask, did you happen to for work for Comrade Sanders or were you with Her?

Like I said, the link to where the Global warming fun stoppers get the term "97 percent" of scientists agree on this concept:

https://www.naturalnews.com/056116_fake_news_climate_change_science_hoax.html




 
  #65  
Old 12-10-2018, 08:11 PM
Overkill2's Avatar
Overkill2
Overkill2 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Western NY
Posts: 803
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I said I didn't trust the media, it's the main stream pushing all this stuff like this down our throats, you know, the left wing MSM. Nobody is saying that we want pollution, dirty water or smog. I just don't like the authoritarian way this stuff is being pushed and if you question it, well... Your reaction pretty much explains THAT very well. Heaven forbid if I and others like me question the government and the official story. Another link for free thinkers:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9767/9-things-you-need-know-about-climate-change-hoax-aaron-bandler


 
  #66  
Old 12-10-2018, 08:26 PM
FORDF250HDXLT's Avatar
FORDF250HDXLT
FORDF250HDXLT is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maine/Oklahoma
Posts: 17,874
FORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputation
This starts off appearing to be political based but keep watching and you'll see it's not.(You'll see them as usual just being the problem is all) then onto the scientist.



The most compelling of his research is at the end,where he shows what he found was,the more expertise in climate change,the higher the agreement that the issue is man contributed.

If you also want to tackle this,you must do what he did and study and compare the sources.Those far right wing articles wont help you anymore than extreme left wing is going to help you.If your going to put faith in the US government or those payed off by them for anything,I can assure you,your in for a losing proposition.Those people (either side) twist and lie to push an agenda.Make no mistake,neither are honorable sources.


Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
Nobody is saying that we want pollution, dirty water or smog.
Keep this as your focus.This is really all that matters.The cancer we're all adding to the air due to greed.The water we're polluting all across America.Ever look up those stats? That will depress you real quick.The Native American Indians tribes lose out first,followed by the neighboring white folks and it's spreading and spreading like an epidemic.We're living like parasites my brother and we need to start caring for mother earth because if we don't we're all just going to be sick and our kids are all just going to continue to be born with mass issues like autism and other issues.We need change,whether you think our mother is overheating or not.


Did you know?

Before his passing,Stephen Hawking said we have 100 years to colonize a new planet or we die?

For such a smart man,I have no idea why he would warn us? Wouldn't such a smart man know that if we kill our mother earth,we don't deserve to kill another? If we prove to be parasites of the earth,why would we think we wouldn't be galactic parasites too?
It's our whole collective culture that needs to change.No change,no future.You don't need to believe in man made climate change to believe this to be fact.
 
  #67  
Old 12-10-2018, 08:51 PM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
One thing for sure is 97% or more of the Scientists who push this agenda of man made climate change are left wing liberals.
 
  #68  
Old 12-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
This is getting fun. I have to ask, did you happen to for work for Comrade Sanders or were you with Her?

Like I said, the link to where the Global warming fun stoppers get the term "97 percent" of scientists agree on this concept:

https://www.naturalnews.com/056116_f...ence_hoax.html
Originally Posted by Overkill2 View Post
When I said I didn't trust the media, it's the main stream pushing all this stuff like this down our throats, you know, the left wing MSM. Nobody is saying that we want pollution, dirty water or smog. I just don't like the authoritarian way this stuff is being pushed and if you question it, well... Your reaction pretty much explains THAT very well. Heaven forbid if I and others like me question the government and the official story. Another link for free thinkers:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9767/...-aaron-bandler
Not only did you refuse to check your sources, but you literally tripled down on linking right-wing hoax sites. while still claiming "media conspiracy". Naturalnews.com literally is a site that promotes conspiracy theories about chemtrails, getting people to believe that fluoride in drinking water is government mind control, and promotes the anti-vax movement. And somehow you want us to take you serious in this thread? You've lost all credibility at this point linking sites like that.

Dailywire is another site that has a history of posting hoax stories heavily biased towards right-wing extremism. Again, why do you deserve any credibility when linking these kinds of sites?

There is no logical discussion with you at this point, because you refuse to acknowledge logic and instead resort to linking blatant hoax sites to further your argument. So with that said, I'll leave you with something I posted in another thread:

People who claim "man-made climate change is a hoax" think that by reading a few blogs and radicalized political websites - they are suddenly smarter than the global collection of scientists with PHD's who have dedicated their life to studying in their field of expertise. So by reading these blogs you can prove scientists are wrong? Then publish your findings, have them stand up to peer review, and collect your Nobel prize.

The only way to rationally discuss climate change is to base it on scientific values and the scientific method (Question, Hypothesis, Method, Results, Conclusion, Peer Review, Replication, Consensus). If a person doesn't share those scientific values and stick with the scientific method that reaches a consensus, then the conversation is over. If a person isn't going to value overwhelming scientific evidence, then what evidence can you provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, then what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?

What it boils down to is ideology. People who deny scientific evidence intentionally choose to subscribe to an ideology. Ideology isn't science. Ideology gives the answer before examining evidence. So when there's conflicting evidence, the person subscribing to the ideology has to mold the evidence to fit their answer, rather than letting the evidence determine the answer. Ideology determines an outcome that you have to have regardless of evidence.

Then there's always the government conspiracy angle regarding climate change... that the government is involved and is forcing this belief of climate change on everyone. If government's around the world are covering up the real knowledge of global climate change, then they are doing a much better job of it than they seem to do at anything else. Think of the irony in that when those same climate-deniers complain about how broken our government is and how our elected officials can't get anything right. But our government is an expert in covering conspiracies all of a sudden? Arguments of convenience rather than arguments of fact.
 
  #69  
Old 12-10-2018, 10:35 PM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
One thing for sure is 97% or more of the Scientists who push this agenda of man made climate change are left wing liberals.
Thanks for contributing nothing to the discussion.

If you're smarter than all these "left wing liberal" scientists, then publish your studies and claim your Nobel prize.
 
  #70  
Old 12-10-2018, 10:46 PM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It is a billion dollar industry, and allows the Government to control, regulate, and tax pretty much whatever they want to. Of course they are going to pay scientists to collect data that supports their agenda. The truth is the predictions that have been made in the past didn't come true, yet still people chose to believe in this deception.
 
  #71  
Old 12-10-2018, 11:01 PM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
It is a billion dollar industry, and allows the Government to control, regulate, and tax pretty much whatever they want to. Of course they are going to pay scientists to collect data that supports their agenda. The truth is the predictions that have been made in the past didn't come true, yet still people chose to believe in this deception.
Yeah, because a little itty bitty ďbillion dollar industryĒ is a government conspiracy..... but a TRILLION DOLLAR oil industry magically isnít a government conspiracy and is totally legit.

Let that round of logic sink in for a minute there.
 
  #72  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:11 AM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post

Yeah, because a little itty bitty “billion dollar industry” is a government conspiracy..... but a TRILLION DOLLAR oil industry magically isn’t a government conspiracy and is totally legit.

Let that round of logic sink in for a minute there.
We depend on oil every day because it works and is effective, of course it's a big industry, no one is arguing that. You can see the results every time you put fuel in your vehicle and it goes. However the billions we spend on climate change hasn't changed anything, basically a pure waste.
 
  #73  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
We depend on oil every day because it works and is effective, of course it's a big industry, no one is arguing that. You can see the results every time you put fuel in your vehicle and it goes. However the billions we spend on climate change hasn't changed anything, basically a pure waste.
So you're saying solar panels don't work? Windmills don't work? Electric cars don't actually exist? Someone wake up Elon Musk! We've got someone here who discovered that Tesla is a farce!!!
 
  #74  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:24 AM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
So you're saying solar panels don't work? Windmills don't work? Electric cars don't actually exist? Someone wake up Elon Musk! We've got someone here who discovered that Tesla is a farce!!!
Sure they work but are expensive and not nearly as effective or reliable. Have you ever seen a windmill or solar powered car?
 
  #75  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:47 AM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
Sure they work but are expensive and not nearly as effective or reliable. Have you ever seen a windmill or solar powered car?
I've driven electric cars and they are awesome. Torque on demand no matter what speed, far better than shifting transmissions and waiting for RPM's to reach the power band. Oh, all of which makes electric vehicles more reliable... because less moving parts.

Newer technology is always more expensive than antiquated and dated old tech. As newer technology is adopted by more and more of the general population, the price drops as well.

And yes, there's lots of solar panels and windmills in existence across the country. They feed power into the electrical grid, which helps charge up electric vehicles. So yes, cars can run off windmill or solar power.

The technology not only exists, it's already working and the infrastructure is growing daily.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: