Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion
Reload this Page >

epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices

Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

epa-and-doj-settle-derive-systems-over-vehicle-emissions-control-defeat-devices

 
  #16  
Old 10-01-2018, 01:25 PM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The theory of man made climate change is nothing but a hoax to make money and strip the population of their rights. The climate has been going through warming and cooling cycles for thousands of years, and there is nothing we can do about it. I would never trust anything the EPA says, they have been sued dozens of times for making false claims based on false information.
 
  #17  
Old 10-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,447
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
I am not surprised, common sense seems to go out the window anytime the EPA is involved in something.
Not exactly, they were busted for this once before... let's say their is 500 trucks, unlicensed, used for racing in the state of "X"... but they (mfg) has sold 2000 units in the state of "X"... sorry, they loose...no different than the drug manufacturers....if you sell 500,000 dosages of Oxycodon (morphine) in a county of 5,000 people..... the same federal law is in effect....just different agencies are charged with enforcement with a specific division within the DOJ..... these companies absolutely know the laws and rules..... their management staff training shows that they know this as well....and the agencies do not in almost all cases go for the "heart" on the initial investigation, and if you check the docs very carefully, you will see they could have easily shut the companies down (court order) or brought them to bankruptcy or charged each executive with multiple felony counts... the fines, etc. were a negotiated settlement.....
 
  #18  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:05 PM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
Not exactly, they were busted for this once before... let's say their is 500 trucks, unlicensed, used for racing in the state of "X"... but they (mfg) has sold 2000 units in the state of "X"... sorry, they loose...no different than the drug manufacturers....if you sell 500,000 dosages of Oxycodon (morphine) in a county of 5,000 people..... the same federal law is in effect....just different agencies are charged with enforcement with a specific division within the DOJ..... these companies absolutely know the laws and rules..... their management staff training shows that they know this as well....and the agencies do not in almost all cases go for the "heart" on the initial investigation, and if you check the docs very carefully, you will see they could have easily shut the companies down (court order) or brought them to bankruptcy or charged each executive with multiple felony counts... the fines, etc. were a negotiated settlement.....
How are they going to know how many unlicensed vehicle's are in a state? Also I highly doubt they keep track of it to that extent.
 
  #19  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
The theory of man made climate change is nothing but a hoax to make money and strip the population of their rights. The climate has been going through warming and cooling cycles for thousands of years, and there is nothing we can do about it. I would never trust anything the EPA says, they have been sued dozens of times for making false claims based on false information.
What education, degree, job, or information do you have that supersedes the experts not only in this country, but also the global scientific community as a whole?
 
  #20  
Old 10-01-2018, 05:01 PM
T diesel's Avatar
T diesel
T diesel is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sterling, ct.
Posts: 1,837
T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.
Although I firmly believe in the overwhelming evidence of manmade climate change, let's say it doesn't exist.
I like clean air.
 
  #21  
Old 10-01-2018, 05:08 PM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
What education, degree, job, or information do you have that supersedes the experts not only in this country, but also the global scientific community as a whole?
All it takes is common sense, to figure it out, but I have taken a 2 year program on to become EPA certified to handle refrigerant, most of what they taught about climate change was total BS, even the instructors couldn't give a straight answer on some of my questions about how they come up with these theories and what they have actually done to prove it. If man made climate change was real half of Florida would be flooded by now according to AL Gore.
 
  #22  
Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM
FORDF250HDXLT's Avatar
FORDF250HDXLT
FORDF250HDXLT is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maine/Oklahoma
Posts: 17,874
FORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputation
You don't know that Florida is sinking? They have to pump out the city of Miami or she'd be under water already.

I personally don't like too much focus on climate change.It's real.Like it or not it's real.Believe in it or don't,it's not going to stop it.
No one wants to admit we're part of the problem and really,I'm not too sure if we know to what degree we're responsible for.If I had to guess or I suppose to re-word,if experts (un-altered by corrupt politicians) claimed we're at least 85% (or even more) responsible,I don't think it would surprise me at all.

The reason I don't like so much focus on that is,is because even if climate change didn't exists at all,either by us or just mother earths natural fluctuation,it doesn't mean we're not killing our planet just the same.Climate change aside,we all need clean air and water regardless as to whether or not we're sinking and cooking lol.






.Sea Level Rise Will Flood Hundreds of Cities in the Near Future

One of America's largest cities is sinking | SBS Dateline


Miami is racing against time to keep up with sea-level rise


Miami Sinking: Miami Will Be Underwater Soon. Its Drinking Water Could Go First.





It's real and it's happening.This fact isn't disputable.Just 10 seconds of googeling some vids and news articles is all it takes.That was all that was needed here to gather these links.Effortless.
 
  #23  
Old 10-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
All it takes is common sense, to figure it out, but I have taken a 2 year program on to become EPA certified to handle refrigerant, most of what they taught about climate change was total BS, even the instructors couldn't give a straight answer on some of my questions about how they come up with these theories and what they have actually done to prove it. If man made climate change was real half of Florida would be flooded by now according to AL Gore.
Common sense tells me to listen to experts. Such as when a heart transplant is needed, I would rely on an expert in that field. When a brain surgeon is needed, I would rely in an expert in that field. When a cancer specialist is needed, I would rely in an expert in that field.

If someone took a couple of extremely low level basic classes on refrigerant and asked a couple of uneducated questions to a completely unqualified non-expert and told me that all it "takes is common sense" when it comes to the extremely complex field of environmental science... if I was to rely on that opinion..... absolutely not.

You're way out of your field here.
 
  #24  
Old 10-02-2018, 05:45 AM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Common sense tells me to listen to experts. Such as when a heart transplant is needed, I would rely on an expert in that field. When a brain surgeon is needed, I would rely in an expert in that field. When a cancer specialist is needed, I would rely in an expert in that field.

If someone took a couple of extremely low level basic classes on refrigerant and asked a couple of uneducated questions to a completely unqualified non-expert and told me that all it "takes is common sense" when it comes to the extremely complex field of environmental science... if I was to rely on that opinion..... absolutely not.

You're way out of your field here.
The problem is most "experts" don't agree with one another, sure they all agree that the climate is changing ( so do I) but they don't agree on what causes it. The theory of man made climate change is just that, a theory, which is an idea that has yet to be proven. There are many factors that cause climate change the sun, the jet streams, ocean currents, etc, and they are all out of our control. One thing that use for certain is that "going green" is a HUGE money maker for the HVAC, automotive, electrical, and appliance industry. One thing that is universal across all of them is the new " energy efficient " stuff, is more expensive, lasts half as long as it should, and costs a fortune to get parts for when they do break, but people are still willing to pay big money for it because it supposedly is "saving the environment ". The Government gets taxes from all of this, and it allows them to make more laws to strip people of their rights, just in the name of Climate Change.
 
  #25  
Old 10-02-2018, 07:42 AM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
The problem is most "experts" don't agree with one another, sure they all agree that the climate is changing ( so do I) but they don't agree on what causes it. The theory of man made climate change is just that, a theory, which is an idea that has yet to be proven. There are many factors that cause climate change the sun, the jet streams, ocean currents, etc, and they are all out of our control. One thing that use for certain is that "going green" is a HUGE money maker for the HVAC, automotive, electrical, and appliance industry. One thing that is universal across all of them is the new " energy efficient " stuff, is more expensive, lasts half as long as it should, and costs a fortune to get parts for when they do break, but people are still willing to pay big money for it because it supposedly is "saving the environment ". The Government gets taxes from all of this, and it allows them to make more laws to strip people of their rights, just in the name of Climate Change.
Of course there are many other natural factors when it comes to the climate, but most experts do agree that man-made climate change is real and is happening now. So no, the idea that they "don't agree with one another" is not true, neither is the claim that "they don't agree on what causes it".

And your ideas about the word "theory" in how it applies to science further shows that you actually do not understand the basic principles of science. A lack of understanding is not a valid argument against something. A theory in science is a fundamental explanation of how something works in nature. A law would be an equation or formula to calculate or predict such a theory. Notice a law doesn't explain how something works, a theory does. A scientific theory, like a law, requires the implementation of the scientific method: hypothesis, testing, evidence, and conclusion. Gravity is a theory, plate tectonics are a theory, evolution is a theory... all of which experts in those fields can observe. Laws rarely change, but theories can change or be updated as new evidence is discovered.

Current scientific evidence shows that man-made climate change is happening. It's not just one theory or even one single instrument measuring the change, it is many theories and countless measurements from many experts around the world in many fields of climate, earth, ocean, and other studies. But within those theories, models are created that can predict the future climate of the earth, the future ocean levels, future polar ice cap, etc. As more information is gathered, those models become more precise, as do the theories to explain them. So instead of scientists not agreeing with each other or not agreeing on what causes climate change, what they are actually doing is gathering more and more evidence that proves man-made climate change.
 
  #26  
Old 10-02-2018, 08:03 AM
T diesel's Avatar
T diesel
T diesel is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sterling, ct.
Posts: 1,837
T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.
^^^^^^
WELL SAID!
 
  #27  
Old 10-02-2018, 08:49 AM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There has been no concrete evidence to prove that we are causing climate change, there have been warming and cooling periods for thousands of years.
 
  #28  
Old 10-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Pocket
Pocket is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 9,293
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
There has been no concrete evidence to prove that we are causing climate change, there have been warming and cooling periods for thousands of years.
I can't help but point out the irony in your statement.....

The scientific methods and evidence and experts that show the earth has been through warming and cooling periods thousands of years ago - is also the same scientific methods and evidence and experts that show man-made climate change is happening now.

In other words, you're only citing and supporting scientific theory that is convenient to your argument, while blatantly ignoring the same scientific theory that contradicts your other parts of your argument.
 
  #29  
Old 10-02-2018, 09:32 AM
00t444e's Avatar
00t444e
00t444e is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern OH
Posts: 1,372
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I can't help but point out the irony in your statement.....

The scientific methods and evidence and experts that show the earth has been through warming and cooling periods thousands of years ago - is also the same scientific methods and evidence and experts that show man-made climate change is happening now.

In other words, you're only citing and supporting scientific theory that is convenient to your argument, while blatantly ignoring the same scientific theory that contradicts your other parts of your argument.
The only thing it proves is the climate is, has been, and will always be changing. It was charging way before humans were burning fossil fuels. There is no evidence to support that the climate would be any different now if we didn't burn fossil fuels.
 
  #30  
Old 10-02-2018, 09:53 AM
T diesel's Avatar
T diesel
T diesel is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sterling, ct.
Posts: 1,837
T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: