Intake Air rework - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Intake Air rework

Old 10-01-2018, 08:43 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
Have you had it out to see how it runs..? Was wondering if the size is a little restrictive..?
May take it out in the next week, depending how the roads are. We are getting more snow, and cooler temperatures.

I did take the size of tubing into consideration but the space between the rad and inner apron restricted my choices. I'll post after I take it our for a run.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Our weather east of you sucks now too and still hope to get out before it completely turns bad...

Old 10-02-2018, 01:31 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of

Not for a day or two yet !

Old 10-02-2018, 07:26 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Tom I feel your pain and I'm afraid of what's coming here now, they are calling for snow here tomorrow evening after the rain..

Old 10-02-2018, 07:47 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
I guess I won't complain about the little bit of rain we had today, even though it did drop the temp to 68F.

We are due some bad weather, the International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta starts this weekend. Normal weather patterns and Murphy's Law dictate that we have gorgeous weather right up to the start of the fiesta and then the winds pick up and keeps the balloons grounded. then the week after the fiesta... ...yup, good weather again.

Bobby

Old 10-03-2018, 12:44 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
I guess I won't complain about the little bit of rain we had today, even though it did drop the temp to 68F.

Murphy's Law dictate that we have gorgeous weather right up to the start of the fiesta and then the winds pick up and keeps the balloons grounded. then the week after the fiesta... ...yup, good weather again.

Bobby
We need to have a heart to heart with Murphy.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM
tip49
Posting Guru
Had a chance to take the truck out between snow dumps; it seems to breathe well with no pulmonary issues.

I still need to replace the perforated paint lid with a proper air filter, but I think it will be an improvement with cooler air intake.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Tom,
Good to hear.
What about one of those little chrome filter screens like they use on injector stacks?

or

Bobby

Old 10-12-2018, 04:46 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
Tom,
Good to hear.
What about one of those little chrome filter screens like they use on injector stacks?

or

Bobby
Bobby, I do like it; especially if I can get it to fit the 2 .5" tubing ! It would be super clean.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
There's tons of options out there for custom air cleaners for the old 2 barrel carbs; Stromberg 97's etc. I think the neck size is 2 5/8"
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/OTB-G...hed,66386.html

| World's largest supplier of 50's ? 60's Style Hot Rod fuel systems

etc

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.