2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2019 F-450 true payload

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:57 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Correct. A 450 pickup frame is the same frame as a 250 frame. A 550 frame is significantly stronger, regardless of the rear open-c design.

As a side note, I was recently driving a 2011 F-550 dump, and it rode pretty well.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:16 PM
ChangNoi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hiddentoken
Here is the payload sticker from my 2019 F-450 FX4 Platinum
Within 50# of 4750 as 2009kr said.

Thank you very much for this! This is exactly what I was looking for. I know that this might be too much to ask, but if you have the window sticker still, that would solidify this for me. I really need to know what options you have on this truck. Being a Platinum it should have almost all of the bells and whistles. If it has all of the goodies and still has this payload, it is going to work for me. Please share if you can. Thanks!

To the rest of you fine folks, thank you to all of you too. Great sources of true-world information.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:27 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChangNoi

Thank you very much for this! This is exactly what I was looking for. I know that this might be too much to ask, but if you have the window sticker still, that would solidify this for me. I really need to know what options you have on this truck. Being a Platinum it should have almost all of the bells and whistles. If it has all of the goodies and still has this payload, it is going to work for me. Please share if you can. Thanks!

To the rest of you fine folks, thank you to all of you too. Great sources of true-world information.
FYI, that payload is about as low as you'll see on a F450. The only other thing that will drop it much is ordering a factory fifth wheel hitch (not just the prep). The 150# hitch is included in the truck weight, resulting in 150# less sticker payload.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:38 PM
hiddentoken
4wd Low

Here ya go! Factory hitch was NOT an option on mine. Anyone know how much weight the spray-in bed liner adds?

Old 09-21-2018, 04:13 AM
ChangNoi
New User
Originally Posted by hiddentoken
Here ya go! Factory hitch was NOT an option on mine. Anyone know how much weight the spray-in bed liner adds?

@hiddentoken, thanks again for the information. Your truck is almost exactly what I have spec'd out on the Ford website, within about $50 on the MSRP. I am convinced, thanks again to all.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:40 AM
mcrespousa
Freshman User
@hiddentoken, thanks again for the information. Your truck is almost exactly what I have spec'd out on the Ford website, within about $50 on the MSRP. I am convinced, thanks again to all.
ChangNoi, Little Elephant, puut pasai thai dai mai kap?

Old 09-21-2018, 06:00 AM
lawnspecialties
More Turbo
Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by nuctrooper
Well, I’m certainly not qualified to give official legal advice, but will share my opinion. I believe in a “reasonable approach”. There is a lot of discussion on the forum about legal responsibility if overweight. But — I haven’t seen actual proof/direct stories about anyone being held additionally liable because they were reasonably overweight. A Tacoma hauling a 5th wheel is not reasonable. It will be obviously questoined, will draw additional scrutiny, and has real safety concerns. A modern 350/450 dually hauling a TC? Nobody will think twice, and there is no significant additional safety concern. If you saw my rig, you would never think “2,200lb overweight — criminal!”
This is of course for private truck / RV use, not commercial duty where scale weights can get you in trouble.
And, because it works for me, doesn’t make it right. The 450 is a beast, though, and won’t let you down.
Originally Posted by RubyRed350Platinum
I agree 100%. There is a lot of talk but no one can produce a single case where someone even got a ticket for being overweight. Yes it is possible that someone could go through the immense amount of trouble to verify you were "overweight" but in real life this is not going to happen.

And once again, if anyone can produce a non-commercial overweight ticket, or lawsuit that was brought to court, I would love to see it and research it.
Amen to you both. But don't go on the RV forums talking like this. Every time I even remotely say anything along these same lines, I get blasted like you can't imagine. Everyone screaming lawyers, lawsuits, insurance not paying, etc. But nobody can show me stories of any of that happening.

Don't do obvious dumb things. But don't believe you have to have a big rig tractor to pull your pop-up either.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:48 AM
ChangNoi
New User
Originally Posted by mcrespousa
ChangNoi, Little Elephant, puut pasai thai dai mai kap?
Chai kaap. Pohm poot pasat Thai, nit noi kaap. Kuhn bpen kohn Thai, chai mai kaap?

Old 09-21-2018, 08:05 AM
mcrespousa
Freshman User

Chai kaap. Pohm poot pasat Thai, nit noi kaap. Kuhn bpen kohn Thai, chai mai kaap?
Panrayaa kong pom pen kon thai kaap, rao thaang naan sip pat pii tee laew. yin dee tee dai rujak kap, chok dii. These guys going to think we ting tong (crazy). I'll translate for them.
(My wife is thai. We are married for 18 years, pleased to meet you, good luck.)

Old 09-21-2018, 09:53 AM
ChangNoi
New User
Originally Posted by mcrespousa
Panrayaa kong pom pen kon thai kaap, rao thaang naan sip pat pii tee laew. yin dee tee dai rujak kap, chok dii. These guys going to think we ting tong (crazy). I'll translate for them.
(My wife is thai. We are married for 18 years, pleased to meet you, good luck.)

Yes, pretty much off-topic, but we are just being social. I am also fortunate to have a Thai spouse - now 11 years. It is a pleasure making your acquaintance also and Chok Dee to you!

Old 11-14-2018, 02:05 PM
jwoodzx7r
Freshman User
My sticker is 4618 lbs and the only add'l options mine had that what was posted above is 1) Camper Package 2) Front Wheel liners and 3) Actual Gooseneck/5th Wheel Hitch Assembly (this is beyond the 5th wheel prep since it's the actual hitch) so that is likely the majority of the 100lb difference.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 AM
dtaylor1
Senior User
I was able to get a couple pictures of the rear brakes off of a 2019 F250 and F450. You can see how much bigger the F450 brakes are over the F250/350 trucks.

2019 F250/ F350 rear brakes with 17" rim.

2019 F450 Rear brakes with 19.5" rim.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:15 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Almost looks like the same exact caliper just with the separate extensions to accommodate the larger rotor.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:37 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Almost looks like the same exact caliper just with the separate extensions to accommodate the larger rotor.
The F450 calipers are significantly bigger. For the rear wheels, the pad area is 16.21 sq-in (F450) vs 9.89 sq-in (F350 DRW). For the front wheel shown, it's 17.2 sq-in (F450) vs 11.95/13.5 sq-in (F350 DRW).
The caliper piston are bigger as well 2.6/2.52 (F450) vs 2.35/2.01 (F350 DRW).

I suspect that the 2.5" larger wheels on the F450 is throwing off the perspective in these pictures.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:42 PM
bobv60
Fleet Mechanic
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
Think about this.
The difference in weight between the f350DRW and the F450 is mostly un-sprung weight. Tires, wheels and the extra weight of the wider front axle.
So the axles, springs, and frame see none of that extra weight. Its obvious there is more capacity in those items because they allow the F350 to carry more actual SPRUNG than the f450,the max weight is still 14,000lbs
As mentioned before, Most, if not all the states (USA) do not use the door sticker for legal max weight, Canada can be be different.
The best way to get actual information and not internet legends is to call your insurance agent and aske about weights, make sure you tell him/her is for privet use RVs.
Next, do a search for "max vehicle weights in (your state)" you should get to a PDF from your states DMV or DOT
All the states I have checked is;
80,000lbs max GCVW, no more than 20,000lbs on any one axle, and no more weight on an axle than the total of that axles tires weight rating as posted on its side wall.
There is naturally much more than just that, that is most of what will apply to NON commercial pickups

Quick Reply: 2019 F-450 true payload