!! Central PA Mountain Truckstock 2018 is CANCELLED!!! - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

!! Central PA Mountain Truckstock 2018 is CANCELLED!!!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:55 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Tom and Jim, you guys are too too funny! Safe Spaces for Darksiders! Too much. I read this at a diner this morning and almost spit out my coffee!

Old 10-02-2018, 07:47 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
So Abe, I thought for sure I would have heard from you by now. Someone in HR must have dropped the ball. If money is tight (you do need to be working on that donor list) I'd consider coming to work for you for less than you might think. At this point in my career, the right title is almost more important than salary anyway. Besides, I'm expecting expenses to be way down as you will probably be offering free housing at Bald Eagle State Park. Something understated but still prestigious close to the President's site will do just fine for us.

...And Abe, I can't stop thinking about those "Park Ladies". They may not be suitable for teaching assistants as we discussed (we wouldn't want to jeopardize anyones future chances for elected or appointed office after all) but they may be needed as students and attendees. As you know, our FTE crowd isn't quite as diverse as maybe it should be given today's standards. I'd put Tom to work coming up with course titles and descriptions that the "Park Ladies" can relate to. Tom, as we know, is said to have a way with the ladies, and should be well qualified for the task. And how about those two gentlemen whose names happen to begin with R? Maybe the "Park Ladies" could be talked into...But no, we can't go there.

You keep working on recruitment and that donor donor list Abe, and I'll keep checking my e-mail. LOL.

I'm sure you are going to have a great event next fall. I'll keep working on publicity, even without an official paid position.

Jim

Old 10-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Jim, you have a great sense of humor!

Old 10-02-2018, 06:56 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Jim, I can't wait to meet you.
With your help - the Yurt is going to be the center of action at next year's event. Like the disco ball hanging from the ceiling of the VFW post lodge - no one will notice it until the lights go off and it will come alive and the party begins.

Senior Park Ranger to Assistant park staff:
"Keep an eye on the Sycamore Loop, something odd is going on there and I just can't put my finger on it".
'Yeah, I drove the cart past the yurts and smelled something odd"
"Like something illegal - c'mon be more specific?"
"No, kinda like a body shop smell - like, like...well... paint!"

"Ranger Webber! - you heard what she said..........I want you to hide in the bushes just west of the yurts and watch that area carefully. Radio me if you see something but don't make a move until I'm there!
"All right now - radio check everyone!"

Old 10-02-2018, 07:41 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
Next year in Pennsylvania will be epic for sure. I liked your Park Ranger thing, Tom. You seem to have a way with pictures and dialog as well as with the ladies. Maybe you could develop your characters a bit and turn your little sketch into a mini series with monthly installments. After a few episodes, you could introduce the "Park Ladies" to build interest in the lead-up to next September. FTE's own Bob Jones is another character with a lot of potential for use in future installments. He gets lost sometimes and has trouble with the brakes on his F2. He just lends himself to some gentle kidding (and gets a fair amount of it from his many forum friends) LOL.

You truck is really nice. It looks like on your second time through the restoration process you have a clear vision for what you want and know how to get the job done. I'll be looking forward to meeting you and your truck.

Jim

Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
You guys are too much! There's no way I can come back with a stinging or witty retort to match yours! Keep up the good work, er fun.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:26 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
Abe, you're the leader--the President. You're not expected to do anything. You set the tone--cast the vision--keep the staff motivated and on task. Tom will take care of the curriculum (and any highjinx with the "Park Ladies"). Bob Jones will provide the laughs. The yurt is rented. We'll be ready to go. We do really need the participation of some of the other FTE luminaries, however. As our leader, you can do the behind the scenes deal making to make that happen. Just don't offer anything that might embarrass you in an FBI background check 35 years from now. LOL.

Jim

Old 10-11-2018, 04:03 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
I've been remiss in my duties and fear I may be relieved from my position. Abe's been pretty quiet, but he's tough and expects results--not excuses. That being said, I've let this thread slip to page four, which means it's past time for another unpaid commercial:

"Folks, it's not too soon to start getting serious about your reservation for next year's Central PA Mountain Truckstock. Reservations for camping can be made starting Friday October 19 at 7:00 A.M. The number to call is 1-888-727-2757. Ask for Bald Eagle State Park. The Sycamore Loop is probably your best bet for getting in on all the action at Tom's yurt. If you are afraid of getting caught up in a late night raid by park authorities, a safer more comfortable option is the Nature Inn. Reservations for the Inn can be made any time during business hours at 1-814-625-2879".

...And Abe, I've given a little thought to those behind the scenes offers (bribes really) you are supposed to be making to some of the FTE luminaries. Maybe it would be best to use a third party go-between--You know what I mean, as our Leader, it's important for you to keep your hands clean--If you can, why not save yourself any unwanted exposure and let someone else handle the back and forth communications between yourself and your targets? There's a lot that could go wrong for a high profile person like yourself, and we all know the importance of plausible deniability should you find yourself under oath before a Senate Committee someday. A respectable guy like Dennis (Pintoplumber) might be just the man for the job. He's your friend. He'd take the fall for you. And he has the gravitas befitting a man with two cool blue trucks. LOL.

Seriously, (high-jinx and "park ladies" aside) Abe will be primed and ready to show everyone a great time in his very beautiful part of the country. Hopefully many of you will seriously consider making a trip next fall to be a part of the Central PA Mountain Truckstock.

Jim

Old 10-11-2018, 04:14 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Thank you Jim. I've looked over your resume and your recommendations.

Everything looks in order, except for that comment in your high school yearbook.... If there are no objections by the board of trustees, after this well crafted recruitment letter, I will hire you as the Director of Admissions. And Pinecone Ford Tom will be suitable for the Vice President of Academic Affairs, except for an 11th hour report of him standing by a punch bowl in high school.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:45 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
Thanks Abe, it will be the honor of my life to serve. Those darn yearbooks. If only I knew then what I know now! It was a mistake to pass that thing around and let all those random girls write those terrible untrue things. LOL.

Jim

Old 10-11-2018, 04:52 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
I have the highest regard for Tom (Pinecone Ford) and only hope some brave witnesses will come forward and testify that he was nowhere near as close to the punch bowl as has been alleged. Knowing Tom, I'm sure he is devastated by the charges...But Abe, I'm sure you will stay strong and get your nominee through this brutal hiring process. LOL.

Jim

Old 10-11-2018, 07:35 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Hey, I admit I stood by the punch bowl, but I never inhaled.

Thank you Jim for laying out the details about reserving a space at the campground. The time to do it is coming soon, to make sure that as many of us are in the same corner of the park as possible.
The closer we are together, the more laughs and comradeship. Me and everyone else would love to see a bunch of old trucks that are circled around the yurt.

Since my truck was not finished in time for the event, I was going to take my daily driver and I'm sure I would have had a good time regardless. We all have something in common, bring a truck or not - it will be a blast next year. The more that step forward and plan to attend the more will jump in too. Then more things to do and day trip choices there will be, etc.
Have a swap meet maybe, joke telling contest, lobster bake, whatever.

I'll start a new thread that will be specific to planning and informing the FTE folks about next year and we can let this one get archived.
Tom

Old 10-11-2018, 08:35 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel View Post
I've been remiss in my duties and fear I may be relieved from my position. Abe's been pretty quiet, but he's tough and expects results--not excuses. That being said, I've let this thread slip to page four, which means it's past time for another unpaid commercial:

"Folks, it's not too soon to start getting serious about your reservation for next year's Central PA Mountain Truckstock. Reservations for camping can be made starting Friday October 19 at 7:00 A.M. The number to call is 1-888-727-2757. Ask for Bald Eagle State Park. The Sycamore Loop is probably your best bet for getting in on all the action at Tom's yurt. If you are afraid of getting caught up in a late night raid by park authorities, a safer more comfortable option is the Nature Inn. Reservations for the Inn can be made any time during business hours at 1-814-625-2879".

...And Abe, I've given a little thought to those behind the scenes offers (bribes really) you are supposed to be making to some of the FTE luminaries. Maybe it would be best to use a third party go-between--You know what I mean, as our Leader, it's important for you to keep your hands clean--If you can, why not save yourself any unwanted exposure and let someone else handle the back and forth communications between yourself and your targets? There's a lot that could go wrong for a high profile person like yourself, and we all know the importance of plausible deniability should you find yourself under oath before a Senate Committee someday. A respectable guy like Dennis (Pintoplumber) might be just the man for the job. He's your friend. He'd take the fall for you. And he has the gravitas befitting a man with two cool blue trucks. LOL.

Seriously, (high-jinx and "park ladies" aside) Abe will be primed and ready to show everyone a great time in his very beautiful part of the country. Hopefully many of you will seriously consider making a trip next fall to be a part of the Central PA Mountain Truckstock.

Jim
So Iím getting dragged into this now? Well my hands are always dirty, after all Iím a plumber. Dennis

Old 10-11-2018, 09:09 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by pintoplumber View Post
So Iím getting dragged into this now? Well my hands are always dirty, after all Iím a plumber. Dennis
My plumber once said, "If you have the habit of chewing your nails, don't become a plumber."

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.