!! Central PA Mountain Truckstock 2018 is CANCELLED!!! - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

!! Central PA Mountain Truckstock 2018 is CANCELLED!!!

Old 09-19-2018, 09:12 AM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all
Tom, my wife just tried to rebook for next year but couldn’t. We had the same lady you had, and she said she got written up for doing that 1year out. We have to wait for 11 months to rebook. Dennis

Old 09-19-2018, 11:44 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Tom, you must have sweet talked that lady to get your yurt one year in advance! And then she got in trouble.... but that was the right thing to do, waive your fees, etc.

So , Oct 19 is 11 months out from the 2019 Truckstock so reserve your spot on the Sycamore Loop. If you don't camp in a tent or a camper there are two cabins also. You can reserve rooms at the Nature Inn at anytime. The Inn is like a 4 star hotel.

You can get contact info on the "Central PA Truckstock, plan now" thread on the first post.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:59 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Tom, you must have sweet talked that lady to get your yurt one year in advance! ....
Sometimes I have a way with the ladies......
I feel bad that she got written up though. I certainly didn't put any pressure on the situation. Just loads of charm I guess.
And I did invite her to the Truckstock...she sounded excited when I said we had teaberry ice cream, old green trucks and that every one of us is both handsome AND handy.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:46 PM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to all
Originally Posted by pineconeford View Post
Sometimes I have a way with the ladies......
I feel bad that she got written up though. I certainly didn't put any pressure on the situation. Just loads of charm I guess.
And I did invite her to the Truckstock...she sounded excited when I said we had teaberry ice cream, old green trucks and that every one of us is both handsome AND handy.
Haha Tom you crack me up!
Guess I better make plans to go then. But I'm not handsome, just handy!

Now where's that duct tape....

Old 09-25-2018, 09:24 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Abe. I've been away from my computer for awhile, but have your next year's dates in mind and the October 19th open reservation date on my calendar.

Tom, put me on your pre-enrollment list for your upcoming welding seminar. You know Abe, if Bob Jones can get away and caravan with me out to Pennsylvania, you'll have another out of state visiting professor to add prestige to your event. Bob, I'm sure, can lecture on many topics of interest. I wonder how many professors does it really take before you can start calling yourself a college and think about handing out degrees? Rules probably vary from state to state on that. There's a guy in Florida and another one in New Mexico you should probably try to recruit. They would add some depth to your faculty for sure and help expand your curriculum. Just think Abe, at the end of your event, as the college President, you could host a little tea for the new graduates and their families. LOL.

Thanks Abe for your willingness to invest (again) the time and effort needed to host an event for us.

Jim

Old 09-25-2018, 09:29 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel View Post
Hey Abe. I've been away from my computer for awhile, but have your next year's dates in mind and the October 19th open reservation date on my calendar.

Tom, put me on your pre-enrollment list for your upcoming welding seminar. You know Abe, if Bob Jones can get away and caravan with me out to Pennsylvania, you'll have another out of state visiting professor to add prestige to your event. Bob, I'm sure, can lecture on many topics of interest. I wonder how many professors does it really take you before you can start calling yourself a college and think about handing out degrees? Rules probably vary from state to state on that. There's a guy in Florida and another one in New Mexico you should probably try to recruit. They would add some depth to your faculty for sure and help expand your curriculum. Just think Abe, at the end of your event, as the college President, you could host a little tea for the new graduates and their families. LOL.
Thanks Abe for your willingness to invest (again) the time and effort needed to host an event for us.
Jim
Thanks, Jim. As a retiree I have plenty of time and so far have not invested any money in the planning of Central PA Mountain Truckstock.

Shall I find a beater truck to bring there so we can have hands-on lessons?

Don't forget, you can reserve a room at the Nature Inn at anytime.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:37 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
Abe, by all means you will need a beater truck, and you will want to feature the benefits of the hands-on group learning experiences available at your event. In your promotional materials, you can emphasize the real world collaborative learning environment you will be providing, and the many benefits associated with the shared authority--open dialog--and consensus building that each of your instructors will strive to incorporate into their course offerings. As President, of course, you will want to keep working on recruiting top notch talent. The names of the gentlemen from Florida and New Mexico both begin with R. LOL.

Jim

Old 09-25-2018, 01:24 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel View Post
Abe, by all means you will need a beater truck, and you will want to feature the benefits of the hands-on group learning experiences available at your event. In your promotional materials, you can emphasize the real world collaborative learning environment you will be providing, and the many benefits associated with the shared authority--open dialog--and consensus building that each of your instructors will strive to incorporate into their course offerings. As President, of course, you will want to keep working on recruiting top notch talent. The names of the gentlemen from Florida and New Mexico both begin with R. LOL.

Jim
This summer I told R from Fla that he could fly into the State College (near PSU) airport and I'd pick him up and give him my 55 F350 for the weekend! I will offer the same thing to R from NM but if they both come they will have to share the F350!

Old 09-25-2018, 01:32 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
I can see you have all the attributes needed for success in the academic world. It's all about building your staff, (and maybe your donor list).

Jim

Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Shall I find a beater truck to bring there so we can have hands-on lessons?.....
Great idea, Abe - I think we can lift a corner of the yurt and fit this inside:

https://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/d...689585738.html
It has loads of potential for a three-day makeover.
First off we will strip that rattle-can paint job. (check out the overspray on the radiator) Each person gets a turn with a grinder until they can't feel their hands anymore.
Second we will have a welding how-to and work on those upper and lower front fenders to make them two pieces again.
Third we will mix up a big batch of Meadow Green paint and have a painting clinic, with practicing holding a spray gun in one hand and a cigar or frosty beverage in the other.
Fourth, we will have a firewall wiring contest, to see who can bundle the neatest and straightest runs. Winner gets bragging rights.
Last, we will invite all the ladies in the campground to bid on the truck with a 'The Price Is Right' atmosphere and encourage them to wear costumes or other outfits to get our attention and up on stage for a chance to bid.
We will all autograph the firewall and glove box like Shelby and Foose.
Next year's PA Truckstock is going to be a blast!
Tom

Old 09-25-2018, 08:13 PM
abe
Post Fiend
That's not a bad truck as it is. And I know exactly where Three Springs is. But did you see the price? $13,800????

I know an older gentleman near me that has an F4 flatbed that is in much better shape and will sell it for less. I was going to invite him and his truck to Truckstock....

Old 09-25-2018, 08:25 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Here's a better option: https://williamsport.craigslist.org/...706854086.html

And it is only $2800. And it is only 72 miles from me.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:10 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
That flatbed is perfect for a 3-day makeover. It might stick out of the yurt however and catch the attention & suspicion of the park rangers. We can remedy that with some camouflage such as a strategically placed stack of coolers and lawn chairs. The paint fumes can be masked by having a pig roasting on a portable grille downwind. The welding arc inside the yurt can be explained as someone with a new smartphone taking flash pictures.

That '55 will be good for an upholstery clinic, welding, paint, and glass install how-to's.
And even better, a wooden DANCE platform for the wilder ladies of the park. This is where the stack of coolers and lawn chairs come into play.......

Yes, sir - we have a whole year to plan this out.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:21 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
"Park ladies". Now Tom raises a whole other thing to be considered. Of course Abe you will want your Truckstock educational opportunities to be coed. We all know how important diversity is in today's culture. And Abe, speaking of today's culture, you will probably want to set up some "Safe Spaces" for your students feeling insecure about their orange engines or Jaguar parts. I'd go havies with you to rent a few extra camping sites for that purpose.

And something else to consider. Tom has obviously been giving some thought to curriculum development. Why not reward him with a department chair? Maybe offer him a few teaching assistants too. Tenure could be considered if he keeps showing initiative.

How's recruitment going? I'd consider a position in your Public Relations Department if the salary and benefits were right. One other thing. You probably don't want to consider any of the "Park Ladies" for any of your teaching assistant positions. LOL.

Sorry everyone. I was up early this morning. I have better things I should be doing, but being retired--there is nothing I really feel like doing just now. Turtoring today doesn't start till 9:00 A.M.

Jim

Old 09-27-2018, 07:17 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pineconeford View Post
Great idea, Abe - I think we can lift a corner of the yurt and fit this inside:

https://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/d...689585738.html
It has loads of potential for a three-day makeover.
First off we will strip that rattle-can paint job. (check out the overspray on the radiator) Each person gets a turn with a grinder until they can't feel their hands anymore.
Second we will have a welding how-to and work on those upper and lower front fenders to make them two pieces again.
Third we will mix up a big batch of Meadow Green paint and have a painting clinic, with practicing holding a spray gun in one hand and a cigar or frosty beverage in the other.
Fourth, we will have a firewall wiring contest, to see who can bundle the neatest and straightest runs. Winner gets bragging rights.
Last, we will invite all the ladies in the campground to bid on the truck with a 'The Price Is Right' atmosphere and encourage them to wear costumes or other outfits to get our attention and up on stage for a chance to bid.
We will all autograph the firewall and glove box like Shelby and Foose.
Next year's PA Truckstock is going to be a blast!
Tom
That sounds like a ton of fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.