06 Expy engine stalls while driving - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

06 Expy engine stalls while driving

Old 09-14-2018, 05:56 PM
domino1a
New User
domino1a is starting off with a positive reputation.
06 Expy engine stalls while driving

Wifes 06 Expy with 130,000 miles on it very randomly stalls while driving. Both occurances have been 6 months apart. While driving at 60 mph on freeway engine loses power. She pulled off freeway to a stop and engine restarted.
No check engine light is illuminated. Any thoughts anyone ???

Old 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Could be just about anything. I know it sucks to hear this, but until the problem is more consistent you're just going to be guessing at the cause.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:57 AM
mybadford
Freshman User
mybadford is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 03 does this but a lot more frequently. It might go 2 weeks or a month and then do it 3 times within a mile. I have not diagnosed it yet. I read and read with what others have done and so far I haven't had luck. So far I have replaced the fuel pump with a motorcraft pump along with a fuel tank from a different issue, The fuel filter, and there is a wire that comes from the harness that runs from the battery to the alternator. In this harness there are some smaller wires that split off from that harness that goes back towards the battery tray and plugs into a plug under the battery tray. These wires rub against an AC line and eventually wear through the insulation. I checked mine and it was certainly wearing the insulation off but hadn't worn through. I rerouted mine and re-wrapped the wires. Didn't resolve my issue but didn't cost anything to check. I've read where this has fixed several people issue with randomly dying while driving. My next check point is the fuel pump relay in the passenger side kick panel fuse block. Some have replaced it and others have un-soldered the old and soldered in a new one. I read in one case that a new harness had to be installed to the fuel pump. I will run new wires before I do that. From other reading that the Expeditions with sunroofs will have the drains clog up and they drain to the inside running down the fuse panel. Mine has leaked at one point but water dripped from the grab handle. I just haven't had time to check into this any further since I have read about the possibility of water running to the fuse panel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.