Well came over to the dark side, bought 2011 6.7 lariat ultimate - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Well came over to the dark side, bought 2011 6.7 lariat ultimate

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 09-14-2018, 06:47 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Well I bought a 2011 CCSB lariat ultimate in the white pearl tri coat this week. Iíll try to post up some pics. It is not perfect needs a little work. Has 180k, needs the DEF heater replaced or delete the truck undecided on that yet. So far this week I put a B&W gooseneck in it and fixed the exhaust. I looked at 3 or 4 different trucks that the bolts rotted off and the exhaust was disconnected right behind the DPF, thought that was kinda weird. This one does have a manga flow DPF back exhaust and maybe that plays in to it it also has a AFE intake on it and it fits very poorly where it connects up by turbo. This will be addressed next. Bought 2Ē leveling kit and will be raising the rear up probably 3Ēs I think. Iíll try to keep the thread updated as I progress and get some pics up as soon as I can get them taken.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:16 AM
lynnmor
Senior User
lynnmor has a good reputation on FTE.lynnmor has a good reputation on FTE.
Ford recently extended the warranty on the def heater, contact your dealer to see if that applies to you.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:22 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think with 180k it's too many miles. I believe it was extended to 11 years or 120k.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:33 AM
lynnmor
Senior User
lynnmor has a good reputation on FTE.lynnmor has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by fordboy2 View Post
I think with 180k it's too many miles. I believe it was extended to 11 years or 120k.
Again, check with dealer.

Here is what the warranty said:

Ford recently announced an extended warranty coverage period for reductant heater codes or failures.
Increase of coverage to 8 years or 120,000 miles - or - if either of those two criteria have passed, the expiration date will then be 12/31/2018

The main fault code displayed will be P208

Old 09-14-2018, 01:12 PM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
Ok I'll at least call them then, maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks

Old 09-14-2018, 06:38 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Yeah, I'd give the dealer a shot, I think it is covered until December.

One item at a time and you will get the truck into shape.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:51 PM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
Yea I think it'll be a good truck. Need to get the sound that reminds me of a clutch fan on my previous 6.0's figured out. Pulled horse trailer tonight(10000 pounds) and every time you take off it does it. Have to get some monitoring set up and go from there. If I can get the DEF heater covered under warranty I wouldn't delete it at this time. Does pull really nice and the coil spring front end is light years ahead of the leafs in my 99.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:23 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Clutch fan is electronically operated. Low, Med, and High speeds.

Mine will do the same upon first start up. Other times it will do it if hot outside. Maybe because you are running the A/C.

Running down the load it generally does not come on high, even with 16K behind me. Pull a grade of any real length then it will start to come on towards the crest of the grade.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:08 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
Ok pulled horse trailer home last night after an equestrian meet, truck would do the fan sound, andcouple times during acceleration when doing it the AC would shut off or at least go very low. The auto climate was on so I don't know if this plays into it or not. Searching around with google ran across one post that sounded similar on a 6.4 and the truck was going into regen. Is this possible? What's the regen sound like? How often does it do it? I've put 1200 miles on it this past week and have not had anything that would have made me think it was in regen at all. Some of the time when pulling away from a stop it wouldn't do it, and boy does it pull nice especially when not doing the fan sound/noise.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:09 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
I'll try to get some pictures up tonight I washed it yesterday but that was before a 500 mile round trip and we got hammered with the bugs pretty good last night.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:19 AM
senix
Limiting the A/C is in the strategy. Regen does not make any sounds and should be seamless in the operation, sounds like it is.

I think it is only suppose to limit the A/C in limited circumstances so if you were not climbing and big grade with you foot thru the floor then it should stay in normal operation.

Next time you could place it in manual mode and see what it does.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:45 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
Manual mode? Also I don't like the towhaul transmission mode at all, never liked it on my 6.0's either. Is that changeable any harm if I choose not to use it when towing?

Old 09-16-2018, 08:53 AM
senix
no harm if you don't use the tow/haul mode.

To select manual mode, simply press the auto button on the climate controls. Light will go out indicating that you can now select fan speed and direction of airflow,

Old 09-16-2018, 08:56 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
Yea after I posted and thought for a second I realized what you meant by manual mode. I was thinking more regen/ towing.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:27 AM
fordboy2
Posting Guru
What would be normal highway mileage on this truck? Speed limit here in northern Michigan is 75 I had the cruise set at 80 yesterday and according to the readout it averaged 14.6. Seems a little low, but haven't hand calculated yet. Usually I go 75 with my 7.3 and I average 16.5-17. Previous tank with mix highway and country roads the computer read 16.3. That was more what I'd thought with what I've read on the forums here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: