5.4l 3v oil pressure - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

5.4l 3v oil pressure

Old 02-07-2019, 10:04 PM
rd65
Freshman User
rd65 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I checked for codes this afternoon after work. No codes came up. I have a Actron CP9660 PocketScan Plus. Idle RPM in Park 602, in D 527. Last June, approx. 3500 miles ago I had a shop check out loud ticking noise. They found low oil pressure causing Phaser noise, they pulled the pan and cleaned sludge in oil pan that was blocking pick up. Approx 2000 miles later I replaced the coil packs. I used Pertronix from Summit. This is the second time these have been replaced. Truck has 138k miles on it. I bought as a 24 month lease return in Jan 2008 with 17k on odometer. Does this model have IAC? If so, where is it? 5.4 3V

Old 02-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.
No IAC, your 2006 uses a drive by wire system which has an electric throttle body motor and a separate throttle position sensor. The PCM cracks it open so it doesn't die at idle which does the job the IAC used to.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:58 PM
rd65
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
No IAC, your 2006 uses a drive by wire system which has an electric throttle body motor and a separate throttle position sensor. The PCM cracks it open so it doesn't die at idle which does the job the IAC used to.
Tell me this doesn't mean that fluctuating idle and dying is because of a failing PCM.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Rumble phish
Senior User
Rumble phish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
It seems that my 2004 with the 5.4L 3V motor uses TBW and has a separate IAC valve (AutoZone lists the IAC valve for 2004 but not for 2006) I'll look under the hood later today to verify. I haven't had any issue so I haven't tinkered with it so far.

Perhaps the OP should check the function of the TPS? And also clean the throttle body and check the connections? Maybe a bad TB motor?

Old 02-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Rumble phish
Senior User
Rumble phish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I also found this article, which might be helpful...

https://www.engine-misfire.com/ford-...le-and-surges/

Old 02-09-2019, 06:35 PM
rd65
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Rumble phish View Post
I also found this article, which might be helpful...

https://www.engine-misfire.com/ford-...le-and-surges/
Nice read, thanks. I will look into cleaning the throttle body here soon. I need to get my F350 going well enough to be my daily driver first though. Thanks for your time and effort on this. powersj sorry for high jacking your thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.