Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

96 f 250

Old 09-11-2018, 07:26 PM
philllog
New User
philllog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation 96 f 250

Hi I have a 1996 ford f 250 with a 351 Windsor with 78,000 original miles. It has the e4od transmission. it was shifting hard so I checked the fluid it was low. So I filled it up help with shifting but still shifts hard into 3rd gear. I do smell something burnt after running the truck. Anybody know what could be the issue? Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-12-2018, 07:20 AM
HardScrabble
Temporarily Deactivated
HardScrabble has a good reputation on FTE.HardScrabble has a good reputation on FTE.
Burned smells are usually a brake dragging or something dripping on your exhaust.

Don't drive your vehicle if you have indications of transmission trouble. It is the death of a transmission.

Hard shifts are often because of the MLPS, also known as TRS, or a bad electrical connection to the transmission. Check all of the connections.

There are about 675 threads here exactly like this one. There are about two or three people who answer them. If you run some searches with those people's names you can learn a lot about your truck.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
FORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputation

Old 09-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Check for codes, doesn't matter of the CE light is on or not and any code for engine or trans could produce this type of problem.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:50 PM
philllog
New User
I have a code for the Icm and the egr on the truck

Old 09-19-2018, 08:01 PM
philllog
New User
The oil pressure gauge bounces when not under throttle and my speed gauge boucesb above 20mhp I replaced the abs sensor in the rear diff cause I have a abs light on which I have haund the problem yet.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Post up the actual code numbers and when you got them... in the first batch(KOEO) or the second batch(CM).

Old 09-19-2018, 08:04 PM
philllog
New User
What does koke and cm mean I'm sorry I'm confused

Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 AM
Conanski
Post Fiend
The computer will report 2 sets of codes when you do the Key On Engine Off(KOEO) test. The first are for problems the computer sees right now, after all those are done there is a short pause and the computer will report a second set of codes for persistent problems that have occurred in the past and have not been fixed, those are Constant Memory(CM) or stored codes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.