Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Shop Recommendation, South East Texas

Old 09-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Jschon
Freshman User
Jschon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need Shop Recommendation, South East Texas

I noticed a pretty substantial oil leak yesterday coming from the area of my oil cooler. I've replaced the orings and gaskets for that a couple of times already but my leak seems to come back about every 4 months or so. This time I really don't have the time or energy to fight it.

I'm looking for a shop recommendation in the Bryan/College Station TX area, anyone had any good or bad experiences in the area?

Old 09-09-2018, 04:25 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Dont know about the area but did you use OEM gasket kit? Did you make sure the end caps were not corroded?

Old 09-09-2018, 04:57 PM
mueckster
Post Fiend
mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
DI Truck and Trailer Repair
David Lott has a "sister" shop in Brenham; about 40-45 minutes away. He is well known for his Powerstroke prowess in the Houston area and the diesel racing community. He is only one I know of, or recommend, at this time that is near.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Jschon
Freshman User
Jschon is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did not use OEM gaskets, I found a cheap set from the local parts house made by Fel-pro. I guess I'll have to order a set of OEM from Guzzle and give it a shot.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:46 AM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Id the emd xaps are not corroded the OEM seal will work, aftermarket gaskets dont hold up to well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.