Maine Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

NFL Season In Vacationland - September & October Chat

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:21 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
NFL Season In Vacationland - September & October Chat

Who's ready for some games! The best part of cold weather coming in is NFL season. Patriots play at 1 on Sunday.Things getting kicked off here soon tonight on NBC.
Falcons at Eagles.Supposed to starting now but the rain out there is pushing the game back.

Welcome to September Maine.Feeling like August still though.The leaves are starting to turn out there on some trees already.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warm weather still holding on. Have been getting out walking around house a little, hope to start short walks in the woods behind our house soon.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:06 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Them pats didn't do so well down there in the 100F+ temps in muggy Florida last Sunday.

Hey,good to hear your on the mend bud.Take it easy.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:52 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Woah! Go Browns! Holy crap lol.Didn't see that coming! That Mayfield is going places.Keep an eye on that young man.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:25 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
BELFAST — At 1 p.m. Sunday Oct. 7 the Belfast City Free Library will screen “Dawnland – A Documentary About Cultural Survival and Stolen Children” in the Library’s Abbott room, 106 High St. “Dawnland” recounts Maine’s history of removing Indian children from their homes and placing them in white foster homes, effectively stripping them of their native culture and identity. The film follows the progress of the Maine Wabanaki-State Child Welfare Truth And Reconciliation Commission (TRC), mandated by the state in 2012, with stories gathered from Maine’s indigenous people and the courageous people who initiated this ground-breaking commission (the first ever in the United States). Admission is free, and refreshments will be served, with discussion afterward facilitated by Barbara Kates. All donations will benefit Wabanaki Health and Wellness.This event is part of Belfast’s 3rd annual Indigenous People’s Day. Belfast continues to offer the community a closer look at Maine Wabanaki history and current affairs in tribal-state relations.For more information, please contact Diane Oltarzewski at 338 1502.
Event Date & Time: October 7, 2018 1:00 pm

'Dawnland' screening at Belfast's 3rd Annual Indigenous People's Day

Old 09-22-2018, 09:48 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Who turned the heat down? Holy crap.Just like a light switch,it's cold lol.That's Maine folks.Hope everyone has a good weekend.I've been out playing with the T-bird.Restoring it's interior,trunk and wiring.She's looking good.Next year,I'll start stripping her down for body work and paint.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:59 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Only in the low 50's now! This just ain't right. Better feed them wood stoves boys.Down below freezing tonight! This is making me think of Oklahoma already lol.I think t-shirt weather is gone for several more months again.

Good evening Maine.Are you ready for some FOOTBALL! ..........Who's even playing tonight? lol...........Steelers @ bucks.This might be good.I like watching Ben toss the pig skin around.He's got some talent.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Holy crap what a game tonight! That was awesome.Good evening Mainers and friends.

We get the pats next Thursday night too by the way.@ Colts.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:37 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
The Times Record
BRUNSWICK — A week of events reflecting on America’s native populations and heritages are slated leading up to Brunswick’s second Indigenous Peoples Day on Oct. 8.
Brunswick’s Unitarian Universalist Church will host Rachel Sayet, an indigenous scholar and member of the Mohegan Nation, who will discuss indigenous foods and food sovereignty among Native Americans. That presentation is scheduled for 1-3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 29.
“Dawnland,” a documentary about the survival of indigenous cultures amid state and federal government policies and practices that removed Native American children from their families.
The film presents the story of the Wabanaki-State Truth and Reconciliation Commission, a group organized to document the history of and fallout from these removal efforts. The film starts at 6 p.m. at Curtis Memorial Library in Brunswick. Penthea Burns, board chairwoman of the Reconciliation Commission, will introduce the film and lead a follow-up discussion.
Two events are slated for Indigenous Peoples Day on Monday, Oct. 8.Curtis Memorial Library will host a children’s event from 10 a.m. to noon. Mihku Paul, of the Malicetes, will tell a pair of Waponahki legends, one about a magical giant and the other about the first man, Koluscap.
Children can draw illustrations of some part of the stories they hear to share with loved ones. Art supplies will be provided.
Curtis Memorial Library will show another movie Monday, Oct. 8. “American Outrage” features the story of two Shoshone sisters who fought the government over land rights. Chris Sewell, a local historian, will facilitate a discussion about how the film relates to the tribes’ struggles with the state over rights to the Penobscot River. Light refreshments will be provided.
The final event, scheduled for 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9, at Curtis Memorial Library’s Morrell Room, features Maria Girouard, tribal historian for the Penobscot Nation. She’ll discuss the Maine Indian Land Claims Settlement Act, which has long been the subject of dispute between the state and its tribes.
The Midcoast Indigenous Awareness Group organized the events, which are free and open to the public.“In panning, the group has focused on providing opportunities for us to learn more about the ongoing presence, culture and current challenges of local native people, as well as the true history of this land,” MIAG said in a news release.

Reconciliation, food featured in Brunswick's second Indigenous Peoples Day

Good evening Mainers,neighbors & friends.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:37 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Just about time to go leaf peeping! Gunna have some fun this year.First fall with the DSLR camera! There is a lens you can use to help the color pop even more.I should pick one up.I was reading about them due to folks near cities,using them as a light pollution filter while shooting the Milky Way.Pretty cool.Anyway,here's the chart again this year:

September 24 - October 6: Regions: Northern (Zones 6 & 7) , Zone 5 (Northern half)
Maine's hillsides are beginning to blush with more than half of the trees displaying fall colors. The best locations to leaf peep are anywhere in northern Maine, like Aroostook State Park, Route 11, Eagle Lake Public Reserved Land unit, Pittston Farm, Kineo and Rockwood.

October 6 -13 : Regions: Western Maine (Zone 5)
This is the best week for peak color in central Maine. Fall foliage color is in full swing in western and central Maine: Visit Grafton Notch State Park, Route 17 near Richardson Lake, Bigelow Preserve, Route 27/16 in Carrabassett Valley, Cathedral Pines Rest Area in Eustis, the lookout from Eustis Ridge, Mt. Blue State Park in Weld, Tumbledown Mountain Range, Greenville, Moosehead, Jackman, Lily Bay State Park, Rockwood, Sebec Lake and Dover-Foxcroft.

October 15 - 20: Regions: Central Maine (Zone 3), Eastern (Zone 4)
Best week for peak color in western and southern Maine This is one of the peak weeks for leaf peeping as peak conditions are coloring Maine hillsides. Visit Fryeburg, Bethel, Rangeley, Mt. Blue State Park, Skowhegan, Farmington, Rumford, north of Portland and the greater Augusta area.

October 22 - 27: Regions: Southern (Zone 1), Eastern Coast (Zone 2)
Best week for peak color in southern and coastal Maine. Find peak color south of Portland, Sebago Lake region, Bridgton Limerick, Waterboro, Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, Wells and York.

Maine Fall Foliage

Last year we had a dud year.Remember that? I don't recall ever seeing such a bland coloration of leaves in my lifetime like that.That was odd.I hope this year makes up for it.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
BANGOR, Maine (WABI) Folks will mark Indigenous Peoples' Day in Bangor on Monday.The community celebration kicks off with a potluck dinner at Hammond Street Congregational Church at 5:00 p.m. featuring guest speakers. At 7:00 p.m. the Penobscot Theater Company will show the documentary Dawnland which showcases the trials of the Wabanaki Tribe.

The film will be followed by a panel discussion with Maine-Wabanaki representatives and film participants.

For more information on the film go to dawnland.org.

All events are free and everyone is invited.

Indigenous Peoples' Day celebration planned for Bangor

They mean "Wabanaki Confederacy" there,not "tribe". The tribes making up the Wabanaki are all the tribes of Maine.The Mi'kmaq (the tribe I'm part of), Maliseet, Passamaquoddy, Abenaki, and Penobscot.

Hey good evening Mainers! I updated the thread to include October!

Pats play tomorrow night! @ Colts 8:20pm.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Heat wave today! Thankfully, still haven't switched to long sleeves yet. Leaves are turning fast!

Old 10-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Nice fall days lately. Hope everyone is getting their winter chores done.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:34 AM
grumpyinme.
Senior User
chores done,waiting for hunting season

Old 10-21-2018, 06:41 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Hey maybe this will be the year I finally get a deer! It's only been well over 20+ years of deer hunting and getting skunked every single year.I'm setting records for being consistent though! I dunno if I should bother to break my record at this point lol! I think if I was born like a thousand years or so ago,they would of kicked me of my own tribe for being worthless. Hey at least I can fish though! haha.
I have gotten a moose before though.Those are silly easy.Like shooting a cow.Nothing compared to deer hunting.

They have it so easy out west and down south! Man,I tell ya when out hiking I jump heard's it's crazy! They have so many deer down and out where they don't have harsh winters to contend with.
Oh.Next Saturday,the 27th starts us off with Mainers only day.I didn't know we were getting so close already.Anyone get their any deer permit?

Quick Reply: NFL Season In Vacationland - September & October Chat