Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 F350 4x4 has reverse but no 1-2 or OD

Old 09-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Jconrad01
New User
Jconrad01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2001 F350 4x4 has reverse but no 1-2 or OD

Drove my truck all around yesterday with no issue.. Jumped in this morning to head into work. Backed out the drive shifted to OD and had nothing.. Tried both 1st and 2nd gears with nothing.. I also notice when shifting from reverse into OD the engine Rpms slightly raise like its stuck in nuetral. The truck doesnít leak any fluids and all levels are correct! I did watch where the shifter runs into the transmission and itís cycles thru all positions.. Thoughts and ideas? Iím guessing itís the transmission? The truck doesnít leak any fluids and all levels are correct!

Old 09-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Mark Kovalsky
Post Fiend
Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Yes, it's in the transmission. There is a possibility that the bolts that feed the clutches have loosened and are leaking pressure. You can drop the pan and the valve body to check them. If they are tight, the transmission needs to come out and get rebuilt.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:39 AM
BillyBob69
Post Fiend
BillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to beholdBillyBob69 is a splendid one to behold
I will have to second what Mark said ^^^.
I had the same issue about 180k miles ago and had to get a rebuild done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.