Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Rear Brake Shoes

Old 09-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Suffolkman
Senior User
Suffolkman has a good reputation on FTE.Suffolkman has a good reputation on FTE.
Hi, thought I would update and wind this thread up. When I removed the drivers side drum I discovered someone had fitted two shoes with full length linings. (the passenger side had 2 shorter lined shoes ). Not only that, but the wheel cylinder on the drivers side was leaking and had contaminated the shoe linings. SO, I replaced both wheel cylinders for new ones, and fitted new (correct ) shoes with leading & trailing linings. Problem over, the truck now stops straight and true without that locking problem. I would like to say a thank you to all who responded to my post.

Suffolkman

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.