Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Props to Brad and Chet

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 09:40 PM
bigreentruck
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Props to Brad and Chet

Went up to Brad's this morning to fix my truck. After it shuddered and stumbled and died a week ago with about a 1/4 tank of fuel, Brad was doing the right thing and initially got me in the CPS, IPC sensor, and IPR direction based on data I sent him from Torque Pro. Chet chimed in and asked about fuel. Brad said AHA, sounds like the fuel screen pickup and fallen off the pickup tube.
So we dropped the tank and opened it up. Brad properly diagnosed the problem. The fuel pickup screen had broken off so and it was sucking air.
Truck already had the Hutch & Harpoon kit installed, no telling when. So we extended the pickup hose to about 1/4-1/2" off the tank bottom and put her back in.
All thanks to Brad and Chet for their expertise.
We enjoyed the conversation over a lunch, on me, for their good samaritan attitude and great efforts on my behalf. The least I could do for a couple guys time and knowledge on a holiday weekend.
All the guys here are awesome. Thanks

Old 09-02-2018, 12:42 PM
akcooper9
Laughing Gas
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bigreentruck
Went up to Brad's this morning to fix my truck. After it shuddered and stumbled and died a week ago with about a 1/4 tank of fuel, Brad was doing the right thing and initially got me in the CPS, IPC sensor, and IPR direction based on data I sent him from Torque Pro. Chet chimed in and asked about fuel. Brad said AHA, sounds like the fuel screen pickup and fallen off the pickup tube.
So we dropped the tank and opened it up. Brad properly diagnosed the problem. The fuel pickup screen had broken off so and it was sucking air.
Truck already had the Hutch & Harpoon kit installed, no telling when. So we extended the pickup hose to about 1/4-1/2" off the tank bottom and put her back in.
We enjoyed the conversation over a lunch, on me, for their good samaritan attitude and great efforts on my behalf. The least I could do for a couple guys time and knowledge on a holiday weekend.
Sounds like a good time. All though, I would caution anyone hanging around The Brad to much as he has a bad habit of talking you into spending money on your 7.3!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Have also been on the receiving end of help from The Brad. Great example of a FTEr at heart.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Both of these gentlemen have been on the giving side of advice or answers for me as well. Great fellas to have around.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:53 PM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigreentruck
Thanks Craig, it was good to hang out with you and Chet again!

For the record, Craig’s truck already had the tank mods done, but the pickup tube didn’t extend to the bottom, so when his pickup foot fell off, he was out of fuel at a quarter tank.

Originally Posted by Firefighter 1406
Have also been on the receiving end of help from The Brad. Great example of a FTEr at heart.
Thanks for the “nut scrub”

​​​​​​​

Old 09-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
You laugh until you use it