Notices

Truck Bed Systems - NEW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Wes_Forged Authority
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Bed Systems - NEW!

Hi everyone, I'm Wes with Forged Authority and I'm new to the site and more excitingly, we have a NEW PRODUCT!

At Forged Authority we manufacture truck bed systems that are versatile, customizable, and look good.

The idea is that you attach our cargo accessories when you need them, and you reap the space of your bed when you need that. Best of both worlds.

How does it work? We designed our MFR (Modular Frame Rail) that is a mounting system for our attachments. Click in what you need when you need it. When you need your full truck bed space back, just un-click the accessory.

I would like to hear your feedback on our product, answer any questions and more. Check out the photos below!
Thank you

This features our stadium chair, toolbox, and tire chock.

This features our stadium chairs, flag poles and holders, and a nice Grizzly cooler. All for tailgating.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Branford
5th Wheeling
I'd love to have a toolbox about that size in the back for fifth wheel pulling. Am I correct that I'll need to invest about $800 for that from your site?

Old 09-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Wes_Forged Authority
Former Vendor
Branford,good question. If you want just a toolbox we can make you a toolbox for the retail of $399. The premise of our product is that our mounting system can mount more than just a toolbox though, so your best interest is to get the mounting system as well, which would yes be a total of $800 for the MFR and toolbox. The MFR allows it to locked into the bed, moved positions, and even removed, with the click of a pin.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Branford
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Wes_Forged Authority
Branford,good question. If you want just a toolbox we can make you a toolbox for the retail of $399. The premise of our product is that our mounting system can mount more than just a toolbox though, so your best interest is to get the mounting system as well, which would yes be a total of $800 for the MFR and toolbox. The MFR allows it to locked into the bed, moved positions, and even removed, with the click of a pin.
Does it open from the front? What are the dimensions and how thick is the metal? How much does it weigh? I'm thinking, the cover (since it rolls up) will not allow the door on top to open. I like the mounting idea and easy in and easy out etc. How does it bolt do the truck? Does the toolbox only fit on the rack in the middle? It seems a little on the pricey side for a tool box.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Wes_Forged Authority
Former Vendor
The toolbox opens from the top with a slim, low profile lid that meets a weather gasket. It is made out of .100" thick aluminum with minimum welding, but with more forming. This increases strength, and gives a nice clean, smooth look. Weight of the toolbox is roughly 15 pounds. All of our products are made from high quality materials, including stainless steel hardware and latches. Typical toolbox price range for this type of application is $250 - $1,200. So it is indeed difficult to find the "right" priced item.

Our MFR mounting system utilizes 3 screws to screw into the bed floor. They are a .218" hole size (7/32") which is nearly the size of the drain holes in the bed floor. Other than these 3 screws, it relies on it's carefully designed structure to displace the loads. The MFR also has attachment points for tie down hooks we manufacture, these hooks hold as much if not more than the standard hooks in the stock bed walls; allowing you more locations to strap down loads.

The toolbox is made to mount to any of the vertical rails on the MFR. On our website homepage, there is a video called "Modular Frame Rail Tutorial". Take a look if you would, this is a quick demonstration of how the track systems operate.

Great inputs! I appreciate them. Are there any other questions you may have?

Old 09-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Branford
5th Wheeling
The toolbox opens from the top with a slim, low profile lid that meets a weather gasket. It is made out of .100" thick aluminum with minimum welding, but with more forming. This increases strength, and gives a nice clean, smooth look. Weight of the toolbox is roughly 15 pounds. All of our products are made from high quality materials, including stainless steel hardware and latches. Typical toolbox price range for this type of application is $250 - $1,200. So it is indeed difficult to find the "right" priced item.

Our MFR mounting system utilizes 3 screws to screw into the bed floor. They are a .218" hole size (7/32") which is nearly the size of the drain holes in the bed floor. Other than these 3 screws, it relies on it's carefully designed structure to displace the loads. The MFR also has attachment points for tie down hooks we manufacture, these hooks hold as much if not more than the standard hooks in the stock bed walls; allowing you more locations to strap down loads.

The toolbox is made to mount to any of the vertical rails on the MFR. On our website homepage, there is a video called "Modular Frame Rail Tutorial". Take a look if you would, this is a quick demonstration of how the track systems operate.

Great inputs! I appreciate them. Are there any other questions you may have?
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep this in mind. I like the system but I think for a 20" tool box it's a little pricey. I'll think it over and do some more research (watch the video; shop around etc.). Thanks again.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Wes_Forged Authority
Former Vendor
I appreciate the dialogue! Thanks for your inputs!

The price is mainly around the fact it is aluminum sheeting. Would you feel comfortable purchasing a steel box in the same configuration for a cheaper price? How much would you feel is fair to spend on that size of a toolbox?

What about the stainless steel hardware, would you just as well have zinc coated instead of stainless?

These perspectives are good to hear from consumers! Thanks !

Old 09-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Branford
5th Wheeling
I appreciate the dialogue! Thanks for your inputs!

The price is mainly around the fact it is aluminum sheeting. Would you feel comfortable purchasing a steel box in the same configuration for a cheaper price? How much would you feel is fair to spend on that size of a toolbox?

What about the stainless steel hardware, would you just as well have zinc coated instead of stainless?

These perspectives are good to hear from consumers! Thanks !
I'm open. I'm shopping for a solution that meets my needs. I have just started looking actually and have found a box that could work at TSC and Bomgaars. I'm just not sure how to mount it to the bed. That's what I like about this set up. It appears that it'd be easy to remove once camping is done. I'm not a full timer by any means.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:02 AM
Wes_Forged Authority
Former Vendor
Good feedback, as we develop our product offerings it sounds like it may be wise for us to carry different sizes and styles and prices of toolboxes.