635 TPMS/CAM Mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 11:25 AM
BillRes2
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 635 TPMS/CAM Mistake?

Our F350 Lariat in on order but does not yet have a production date. I have been diligently researching Rear Trailer Cameras here on the forum and on IRV2 (RV Forum). I think the 635 TPMS/CAM package comes with not only the rear facing camera (which is what we want) but the tire sensors as well. Our issues are on several levels:
1. The rig is a 5th wheel, not a trailer.
2. 5th wheel is in California. The truck will be delivered to our Texas home. We are NOT taking the trailer there, at this time
3. We really don't think the tire sensors will work with our 5th whl. tires/whls.
4. With the 5th Whl not accompanying us, how do we get the installation we are supposedly paying for?
5. I believe there is still time to modify the order. We are unsure what to do in light of our new information.
Suggestions?
Bill and Carole
(Currently, for the Summer, In Vacaville, CA)

Old 08-26-2018, 01:27 PM
23mikey
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The hardware comes in a box and is owner installed. Installation by dealer is an extra cost. Easy DIY install except for tire sensors which will require a visit to a tire shop.

Mike

Old 08-26-2018, 05:45 PM
BillRes2
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Surprise!!!

Originally Posted by 23mikey
The hardware comes in a box and is owner installed. Installation by dealer is an extra cost. Easy DIY install except for tire sensors which will require a visit to a tire shop.

Mike
Hi Mikey
I am glad you passed this on to us. We had no idea. All of the other "add on's" come installed. It no where states (that we have noticed) that this is the not case with this kit. If nothing else, they can keep this kit just on the principle of the practice of not telling us that we are responsible for its installation.
Regards
Bill

Old 09-04-2018, 03:42 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,657 Likes on 2,737 Posts
Given how clueless some dealers are about our trucks, do you really want them fiddling around with your trailer?

I did the install myself. I think it took longer to read the manual and layout the wires than it did to do the actual install. However, that was on a 25' bumper pull toy hauler with easy access to the underbelly. I ran the camera wires over the roof due to the cargo door (camera above the cargo door). Mounting the camera low, under the cargo door would have been a more tidy install.

One thing to keep in mind, the higher you mount the camera the more area you can see, but how much do you really need? Also the higher it is, the harder it is to get to so it can be cleaned off. Mine gets dirty really easy.