1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Central PA Mountain Truckstock Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:41 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Central PA Mountain Truckstock Roll Call

The 2018 Central PA Mountain Truckstock held September 20 thru 23 is only one month away. Over the last year I have heard from a lot of FTE members saying they are interested in attending. So I want to firm up some committments. I have reached out to a lot of members in the PA, MD, NY, NJ and Ohio area to invite them.

Here is a list of FTE'rs that said they were interested. Please respond and let me know your intentions and if you are staying at a campsite or the Nature Inn.
Dennis "Pinto Plumber" Leeking: reserved a campsite
DR Smith: reservation at the Nature Inn
Tom "Pinecone Ford": reserved a yurt, sleeps 6
jvmc of Vermont: interested
Pweng1: interested
pbs daddy of DE: interested
Nick Gordan of PA: interested
Bill "bhalemail" of Jersey Shore, PA, definitely attending but commuting each day
Bob Jones "bibj49f2 of WI: interested
Jolly Roger Joe of VA: interested
Jafo Joe of PA: definitely
petemcl of MI: interested
drptop70ss (Dave) of NY: maybe
Gary "89gtstng" of PA interested
Indybeer of IN: maybe but staying with PA relatives nearby
Jim "26 Tudor" of PA: maybe
Mark "Ford V8F4" of AR: maybe
Bob "Hangar 53" : maybe

My plan is: Thursday: meet and greet and hang out; Friday: visit a local private car collection, then have lunch at my favorite greasy spoon restaurant; Saturday: visit the Piper Aircraft Museum with photo ops with a Piper Cub, then drive 25 miles to Hyner View State Park, one of the best vistas in PA ( the Vista is 1,300 feet above the river below). These plans are contingent with the weather of course. I don't want to plan too much because the joy of these Truckstocks are just hanging out and talking trucks. And it doesn't matter when you arrive and how long you stay. For those staying until Sunday I would like to invite you to my church if time permits. I plan on having a photographer available and hopefully making a calendar with pictures of our trucks. Also I will look into getting T-shirts made.

For more info about Truckstock go to this thread: "Central PA Truckstock 2018, plan now". There are yurts, cabins, spaces for campers, tents, and the Nature Inn, a very nice new hotel. There are also motels in Milesburg along interstate 80, just 7 miles away.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:02 AM
pintoplumber
Fleet Mechanic
Received 554 Likes on 266 Posts
My wife Dianne and I are coming. Dennis

Old 08-21-2018, 01:05 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Sorry abe. This should be a great event but I'll not be able to make it this year. I'm sure that you will post lots of pictures and stories. If you are up for it after this I would be interested in going next year.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Well, this is not going to happen for me this year. Hope you all have a great time, and the itinerary sounds like you will be.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:20 PM
Indybeer
Laughing Gas
Received 144 Likes on 60 Posts
As much as I would like to go this year...I have to go to Hawaii the following week, so i won't be there this year.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:37 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by Indybeer
As much as I would like to go this year...I have to go to Hawaii the following week, so i won't be there this year.
Indy: You "have to" go to Hawaii??? I'm sorry about your luck! Maybe next year!

Joe and Pete: Sorry you can't make it. Thanks for letting me know.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:58 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
I'm going and will have room in the yurt for anyone who wants a dry place to crash.
I plan to sit around the fire and tell scary body shop stories. I have a few to tell......

Old 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Hanger53
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry Abe but I won't make it this year.. thought I was going to have lots of time to do stuff when I retired, but that just hasn't been the case.. yet!!

Old 08-21-2018, 11:17 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by Hanger53
Sorry Abe but I won't make it this year.. thought I was going to have lots of time to do stuff when I retired, but that just hasn't been the case.. yet!!
That is how retirement goes if you let it.... You have to learn to say "No" sometimes.... But it's not good to sit around all day and watch TV either! You gotta stay busy both physically and mentally.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:15 AM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I will not be able to come. I am saddened to miss out on all the fun.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
I am not 100% yet, but If I do come I will be tenting.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:21 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by pweng1
I will not be able to come. I am saddened to miss out on all the fun.
Thanks. I think you had told me in the other thread.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:34 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by Gicknordon
I am not 100% yet, but If I do come I will be tenting.
OK, Nick. I hope you can make it. There are a lot of spaces available.

More info on the spaces:
I went to the park office yesterday.

There are 4 rooms available at the Nature in on Thur 9/20 but none for Fri or Sat....

For camping: There are no more yurts or cabins available...
The Sycamore Loop is full for for the days we will be there. This loop allows pets so it gets filled early. The Oak Loop has lots of spaces. These are available: Space #6 is full service (sewer, water and elect); These have electric hook ups:8,9,13,18,20,21,23,24,26-34. I would recommend reserving spaces 29-34 since they are closest to the Yurt, which Pinecone Ford Tom has reserved, and teh bath house. I imagine we will be hanging out at Tom's yurt telling scary body shop horror stories!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Abe, I think it's great you guys are going to get together soon. When I first introduced the concept of Truckstock back in the spring of 2012, I think I literally had 53 total people respond within the first few hours and say they'd be there. By the time TS finally arrived, I think it was down to about 20 total people. It's just the nature of scheduling something like this. People live very hectic and unpredictable lives. But my point is don't get discouraged. The ones of you who do show up will really enjoy yourselves. My biggest mistake with the first one was the food. I ordered way too much. Keep it simple, and you'll have a good time. My life is pretty crazy right now, or I'd get in the truck myself and drive on up to Pennsylvania myself.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:10 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by Doc
Abe, I think it's great you guys are going to get together soon. When I first introduced the concept of Truckstock back in the spring of 2012, I think I literally had 53 total people respond within the first few hours and say they'd be there. By the time TS finally arrived, I think it was down to about 20 total people. It's just the nature of scheduling something like this. People live very hectic and unpredictable lives. But my point is don't get discouraged. The ones of you who do show up will really enjoy yourselves. My biggest mistake with the first one was the food. I ordered way too much. Keep it simple, and you'll have a good time. My life is pretty crazy right now, or I'd get in the truck myself and drive on up to Pennsylvania myself.
Thanks Doc! If things break loose for you come on up. Pinecone Tom has vacancies in his yurt. You could even fly up and I'll pick you up at the State College airport.

As I was mowing our soccer fields today I was thinking should I cancel if we only get x number of guys. But I thought we will still have it if it's only Pinecone Ford Tom and Pinto Plumber, Halemail and myself!

Quick Reply: Central PA Mountain Truckstock Roll Call