tools and equipment you keep in your truck utility/flat/stepside bed? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

tools and equipment you keep in your truck utility/flat/stepside bed?

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

tools and equipment you keep in your truck utility/flat/stepside bed?

Old 09-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 52'F-3 View Post
I thought about a step bumper, but just won't look right with my flatbed. I'm planning to mount and old winch I have above trailer hitch (below bed), but am considering making a trailer hitch vise mount, then a second 2" receiver for storage...
Just a thought - I have a receiver mounted under the front bumper of my F-350. It's indispensable for moving and parking trailers, and there are winch mounting plates to fit them as well, but with your skills you could probably fab a better one anyway.

I believe those transportation caps are DOT approved, but I like to keep my regulators out of the elements anyway because I don't use them every day.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:02 PM
CBeav
Elder User
CBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to allCBeav is a name known to all
We had a '59 F-350 at my first job. Owner had custom built the bed as a service body as he was a diesel mechanic/certified welder. At the front of each side was a tall locker - weather gear on one side, tanks and torches on the other. Across the front of the bed was a horizontal two-stage compressor. In the center of the bed was a four cylinder Hobart welder/genset, longitudinally mounted. At midships on both sides were weather proof Snap-On tool chests (about ten drawer size.) Ahead and behind the wheels were under-storage compartments. The rear corners carried a chain vise on one side and a large Wilton on the other. From the tailboard were pull-out, slotted extensions (think channel iron laid flat with angle iron welded to each side making a slot to attach clamps, etc.) that slid out rearward to support whatever work may need support and below were various tow options. If it were around today I suppose it would have one or two telescopic LED worklights.

Geez, just thinking... that truck was only eleven years old when I started...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.