ATS turbo interchange? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

ATS turbo interchange?

Old 08-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Jzisakis
New User
Jzisakis is starting off with a positive reputation.
ATS turbo interchange?

As of right now, my truck is naturally aspirated. Among my desired upgrades for the future is a waste gated turbo. I have the opportunity to buy an ATS 085 kit complete with 3" pipes and muffler. The downside is that the 085 model has the H730441 turbo which is not waste gated. The kit is pretty cheap so I was considering buying it and swapping the original turbo for a rebuilt turbo off of the later idi's which is waste gated. Does anyone see any issues with this. No idea if it's possible or not. If no one here knows my next step is to call up ATS. Thanks for your time

Old 08-19-2018, 02:56 PM
tecgod13
Postmaster
tecgod13 has a good reputation on FTE.tecgod13 has a good reputation on FTE.
Not going to work like you think. The castings are all different for the 085, 088 and 093/Factory turbo setups from ATS

Old 08-20-2018, 01:54 AM
hairyboxnoogle
Post Fiend
hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.hairyboxnoogle has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by tecgod13 View Post
Not going to work like you think. The castings are all different for the 085, 088 and 093/Factory turbo setups from ATS
True, but doesnt the 085 just use a T3 flange? Ive never seen one in person to say for sure.

OP, having had both, the difference is minimal, just get a turbo on that beast. Even my current build with my fairly oversized turbo spools basically instantly whenever youre over 1800 rpm. Its a SXE 362/68/.91 T4. If you were planning to change turbos, i would forget using a factory one and get a S258 or something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.