Need purchase advice on Transit Connect - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Reload this Page >

Need purchase advice on Transit Connect

Notices
Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Old 08-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Im50fast
Nice guy!
Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.

hey everyone
im in the market for a work van; Transit Connect of course. I donít have much (any) knowledge about these except that the keys are expensive. And I have a friend that the rack and pinion died and it was expensive.

Please advise me what hat to look for, avoid, etc in my search. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Fifty150
Senior User
Fifty150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you can afford it, buy new with a warranty. Research pricing, and negotiate.

If you're buying used.......all bets are off. That's with any car. Who knows what the last owner broke. You will have to trust the dealer selling you the car.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:17 AM
Im50fast
Nice guy!
Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Fifty150 View Post
If you can afford it, buy new with a warranty. Research pricing, and negotiate.

If you're buying used.......all bets are off. That's with any car. Who knows what the last owner broke. You will have to trust the dealer selling you the car.
no way in hell. New cars are for wealthy people and fools. I am neither.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:31 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
EvanBly is starting off with a positive reputation.
You might want to take a look at Enterprise rental options. I don't know if they still do, but for a while they were renting Connects and then selling them with fairly low mileage.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Fifty150
Senior User
A lot companies have been using Transit Connect as a fleet vehicle. Some of them will probably be selling them off as they are 3 - 5 years old, and over 100,000 miles. Those should be a really good deal, as Transit Connects aren't known for high resale value, and commercial vans much more difficult to unload to private owners.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:32 AM
EvanBly
Senior User
EvanBly is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I was looking I found some 3 year old rental Connects with around 50,000 miles. I ended up buying new through the Consumer Reports program, toward the end of the model year, and got a very good deal. The decision to buy new was, in part, based on the big changes between the 2010 introductory model and the revised 2014 models--different trans, roof line, and so forth. There was not much difference between buying a one-year-old and a new one.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Fifty150
Senior User
I suppose there are a lot of ways to buy cars now. I'm not familiar with the Consumer Reports program. I see that a lot of people are now buying cars at Costco. And there are online websites which supposedly find you the best price on cars. Car sales are a grey market. Pricing can vary from one dealership to the next, depending on how they motivated they are to make the deal, to manufacturers incentives and rebates, to how well you can negotiate. I am a bit surprised that you found it more cost effective to buy new. I thought that pricing would drop quite a bit after 3 years of depreciation, and 50,000 miles. At that point, you no longer have a warranty, a lot of service work would be needed, and most wear items would be worn. Brakes, tires, coolant exchange, spark plugs, transmission flush, et cetera.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: