NASCAR-powered F-100 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

NASCAR-powered F-100

Old 08-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.
NASCAR-powered F-100

As Patrick explains here, this is likely a reproduction of the Boss 9 engine Ford developed to fight Mopar's Hemis in NASCAR. The originals are apparently pretty rare, understandably. Check out how it looks in the nose of this F-100 in the video below, and head here to read more about this amazing engine and truck!

Old 08-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Probably boss 9 heads from kasse on a 460 block. I had considered doing that with my 429 but those heads are way more expensive than I wanted to spend.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:01 AM
F1 coyote
Senior User
F1 coyote has a very good reputation on FTE.F1 coyote has a very good reputation on FTE.F1 coyote has a very good reputation on FTE.
I seen that truck at the pigeon forge F-100 nationals in I think it was 2017, looked like it would definitely get down the road pretty quick.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:17 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Local guy owns a BBW NASCAR orange 56 F100 that was built for Bill Elliot using one of Bill's race cars. 351C engine with all suspension components pulled off the NASCAR race car. Much older vintage but still cool.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:57 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by F1 coyote View Post
I seen that truck at the pigeon forge F-100 nationals in I think it was 2017, looked like it would definitely get down the road pretty quick.
Only thing stock on that truck was the body and some of them were modified .An easy 6 figure build . He went home to Utah w/ two $100,000.00 trophies !! Yes it was there . Checked the odometers on the 6 unveil trucks .Very very low mileage . The orange truck had .03 mi. on it . Was thinking of taking "Art" this year but have an $884.00 piece of sheet metal w/ decal to show for last yr. w/ the "Firtstride " and all the effort .Been there , done that .

Old 08-18-2018, 11:44 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Well here is another moderator forcing us to look at something. And you can't add him to your ignore list

Old 08-20-2018, 05:35 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.Johnny Mayday has a good reputation on FTE.
It's a shame the video doesn't show it running. Be awesome to hear it run — it must sound like a total beast!

Old 08-20-2018, 07:36 PM
drptop70ss
Posting Guru
drptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday View Post
It's a shame the video doesn't show it running. Be awesome to hear it run it must sound like a total beast!
LOL probably doesnt even have oil in it.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by drptop70ss View Post
LOL probably doesnt even have oil in it.
Typical trailer queen you think...

Old 08-20-2018, 09:54 PM
drptop70ss
Posting Guru
drptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud ofdrptop70ss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
Typical trailer queen you think...
who me? LOL..trucks are made to be driven, I am sure it is a beautiful truck but I can make yard art for much less cash

Old 08-20-2018, 09:56 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I hate trailer queens myself, waste of money..lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.