2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2019 version

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by phorbin2
Tomorrow will be 3 months since I traded in my 2004 lariat and drove off in my xl. Nothing like a few mods to help you forget about the old ride.

husky floor mats
huskey under seat storage bin
built rite rear seat latch
rear wheel well liners
weather tech window and hood guards
Abs research bed step 2
tac 6 inch drop hitch step
westin bed mat
westin hd ladder rack
Weather guard pork chop box
highway products guardian rack,bed rails, 5th wheel box

need to up grade the wheels

Truck looks like it's set up for some work - nice setup

Old 03-19-2019, 08:55 AM
Msu50000
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MadWaffle

Ugly air damn......

After cutting 4 1/4" off of it. Still need to remove the prius catchers and support the wiring a little better but happy with the results and it saved me the money of buying a 2wd drive one which was the plan if i messed it up.
​​​​​​
When you cut your air dam did you cut straight across the bottom or taper/angle it up towards the edges?

Old 03-19-2019, 08:57 AM
Greg Hamilton
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GoldenDomer
I finally made a decision on what bed cover I wanted to go with. I went with the Bak Revolver X4. Really like the looks of it. Seems really secure. Wont know about being water resistant until probably saturday when we expect rain. However, I like it. Next up is wheels and tires and looking at leveling kits.

I'm thinking about going with that exact bed cover. I had the Pace Edwards on my 2010 but hated the box up front it rolls up into. Too many times I had to leave the tailgate down because what I was hauling wouldn't slide under the box. Without the box being there I could have shut the tailgate. It wasn't often that happened but just enough to cause me to consider this cover.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 PM
MadWaffle
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Msu50000
​​​​​​
When you cut your air dam did you cut straight across the bottom or taper/angle it up towards the edges?

I made a mark at the locations where the bumper comes back down so its pretty much staight in the center and then measured up at the ends so it goes up slightly from the 2 center points. Measure up 4 1/4 at all 4 spots. Used painters tape between the 4 points for my edge.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:54 PM
Msu50000
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MadWaffle

I made a mark at the locations where the bumper comes back down so its pretty much staight in the center and then measured up at the ends so it goes up slightly from the 2 center points. Measure up 4 1/4 at all 4 spots. Used painters tape between the 4 points for my edge.
That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!

Old 03-20-2019, 08:21 AM
MadWaffle
Junior User

Did its first haul moving the rzr from one garage to another so I could have room to start the next modification.

Started the disassemble for the BDS 2" with fox shocks that's supposed to be delivered today.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Gumbeaux
Freshman User
Originally Posted by GoldenDomer
I finally made a decision on what bed cover I wanted to go with. I went with the Bak Revolver X4. Really like the looks of it. Seems really secure. Wont know about being water resistant until probably saturday when we expect rain. However, I like it. Next up is wheels and tires and looking at leveling kits.

I have this same cover and like it, it's pretty water tight. Question for you, does yours make a loud cracking sound when you roll it up? Everyone one of those joints "pops" when I roll it up. I had the old Roll-X from Bak and it didn't do that. Doesn't seem to affect the function, just loud and makes it a little harder to roll up. Thought it would stop after a while, but 6 months later it hasn't.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Mine makes a couple loud cracking noises. I also get leaks at both ends of the cover (tailgate and up against the front of the bed). The reality is I think this cover could be another inch longer and it would work much better. I have the BakBox 2 as well and I'm on my 3rd one since August. They just fall apart when running down the road (7,600 miles on the truck).

I'm not a fan of my X4 or of the Bakbox 2. I sure hope you have better luck with yours! I do really like the concept and design, but I feel that it needs another $500 worth of quality installed in it. I'm biased though b/c my last truck's cover was a Retrax Pro and that thing was amazing.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:50 AM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Retrax pro

I had one on my last truck and that thing was incredible. Will probably get one for this truck soon as possible. I had one of those bak-flips before and that thing sucked.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:37 AM
JD'sBigredv10
More Turbo
Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts
Installed the trailer camera/tpms wire harnesses and module on the new fifth wheel and then turned my attention to the Nichols box and harness for the truck. Watched a few YouTube videos in preparation and it all went in pretty easily.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:24 PM
TeddyD
Postmaster
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Installed Amp bed side step on each side, stuck on my tailgate inserts from BD Trims, fuel filter changes, cabin air filter change and about to go back out to the truck to finally use forscan to get rid of the double honk and a few more changes. Even had time to give it a quick rinse. I also removed the backseats the other day to build a storage box in the backseat. A big storage box. If anyone wants a picture of the backseat removed, let me know. I’m building the box on the weekend.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:36 PM
xxxsherpa
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm interested in the backseat mod you are doing. Work pics would be great.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:53 PM
TeddyD
Postmaster
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxsherpa
I'm interested in the backseat mod you are doing. Work pics would be great.
Im not doing anything fancy. I’m just putting some boxes in the backseat to hold my work equipment better. I’ll take some pics along the way. This is a cheap throw away project lol.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Mkos1980
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Installed the tailgate dampener. Much better running a tap through the backside to cut the threads for the pivot ball.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:47 PM
xxxsherpa
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TeddyD

Im not doing anything fancy. I’m just putting some boxes in the backseat to hold my work equipment better. I’ll take some pics along the way. This is a cheap throw away project lol.
I look forward to it, thanks.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Superduty today? 2019 version