Notices
1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Which A/C to buy

Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 PM
mbrowne
Junior User
mbrowne is starting off with a positive reputation.
Which A/C to buy

Been looking for a A/C compressor mount for my FE390 to mount the compressor under my alternator. Found one on the 67 site. Need to order a A/C kit. I see classic air has a kit for the 58 and did not see one from Vintage air. I there another option out there? I have used Vintage on other projects with good luck.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:39 PM
fljab
Elder User
fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.
There may not be a 58 F100 specific kit. Biggest thing I think is the engine brackets to mount the Sanden. Are you looking to do a Heat/AC unit behind the dash (between dash and firewall inside the cab) or just a hang on ac only unit underneath the dash? An underdash evap unit should be easy to find one that will fit and hopefully will look like you want it to - especially if you have a column shift. If one behind he dash, it would take some measuring and talking to customer service and looking at dimensions to get one that will fit.

The rest, as in condenser, dryer, bi or tri valve, and hoses, should be generic with the size of condenser the biggest thing to match up.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:18 PM
mbrowne
Junior User
mbrowne is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did find the bracket to mount the sanden under the alt not on top. Looking for a built in AC heat unit to replace the factory heater.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:15 AM
Walston
Posting Guru
Walston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to all
Old 08-14-2018, 08:10 AM
fljab
Elder User
fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Walston View Post

I stand corrected! Yes, that looks like what you want.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:12 PM
brewster1
Senior User
brewster1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been looking for a hang on ac unit for my 60 for years. All I have found are too wide to fit under there without hitting the stock heater.
jt

Old 08-16-2018, 05:07 AM
Walston
Posting Guru
Walston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to all
Old 03-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Camshaft
New User
Camshaft is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am looking for a under dash unit for my 1984 F150 does anyone have any ideas.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.