Shorten Brake Pedal ? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Shorten Brake Pedal ?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Pokee
Junior User
Pokee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Shorten Brake Pedal ?

Has anyone cut and shortened there 1950 F1 brake pedal? I have stock brake pedal with the power brake conversion and thought about cutting and shortening the brake pedal so it does not stick up so high. I shortened the linkage where the pedal connects but I would like it a little shorter.

Last edited by Pokee; 08-12-2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Needed to ad year.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Shorten them all the time...power brakes do not require as long a throw on the brake pedal

Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Pokee View Post
Has anyone cut and shortened there 1950 F1 brake pedal? I have stock brake pedal with the power brake conversion and thought about cutting and shortening the brake pedal so it does not stick up so high. I shortened the linkage where the pedal connects but I would like it a little shorter.
Yes, I have shortened brake pedals. You can also change the pedal angle for better comfort when you weld it back together.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:03 AM
artscott61
Elder User
artscott61 has a good reputation on FTE.artscott61 has a good reputation on FTE.
Shortened mine 55 f-100 I was worried about bottoming out on bleeding but it works fine. I need to cut it again and weld at a different angle to get further away from the steering column .

Old 08-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Pokee
Junior User
Pokee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you for your response. That will be another project to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.