Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

New to me 2018 Flex Limited

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 09:27 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
New to me 2018 Flex Limited

Hi everyone, I'm a longtime poster in the 7.3 PSD forums, and my wife and I recently bought a lease turn in 208 Flex Limited. Growing up with station wagons in the '70's, I've wanted one of these since I saw the Ford Fairlane concept ten years. Oddly enough, every one who's seen it so far, has called it a hearse. Which is fine, one of the reasons we got it is because it's so much easier for our old parents to get in and out of it; seat height is perfect, wide doors and narrow door sills! Here's the first photo, with my darling wife desperately trying to figure out the headrest! I hope this forum is as responsive as the PSD one, as I really enjoy doing my own maintenance. The first mod has been to replace the oil drain plug with a Fumoto valve, so my future oil changes will allow me to drain the oil directly into a bottle. If no one has tried these things, they're great for horizontally mounted drain valves. In this case, the valve is shielded from road debris by the oil case, and I mounted it with the lever up high.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:02 PM
TJReams
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
My Mother has one and oves it. I have driven it and it is very comfortable. I wish they had left those 3 ribs on th side off, but the interior is really nice. The closest I could get my wife in an 2018 Edge SEL, I enjoy riding and driving it, much nicer and quieter than the 2016 Titainum Escape we traded in. I post In the 2015 and up F150 forum, as the proud owner of a 2018 F150 Lariat Screw.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice! We almost went with a Flex but the wife test drove a 2018 Edge Sport and loved it, so we went with that.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:00 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I like the ribs on the side, would've been better had the suicide doors remained, but I'm sure that was probably rather expensive. I started looking at the Edge for my wife, but when I found the Flex I really liked the station wagon look, and so far the extra room and 7 pass has been really welcome. We've taken a few 2 hour rides with six adults in the car and it's been pretty comfortable. Well, I was comfortable, I was driving. My only complaint are the turns signals, they're really loud. They sound artificial so I'm wondering if there's some setting that can be hacked into via Forscan.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:44 AM
Dasher400
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here! Usually in the dent aides or 7.3 forums but I picked up the wife our first Flex today. I admit, I am digging it! I shopped around the Expeditions and kind of avoided the Flex. Id argue with any one. Its a damn fine family hauler!

Originally Posted by SaintITC
Hi everyone, I'm a longtime poster in the 7.3 PSD forums, and my wife and I recently bought a lease turn in 208 Flex Limited. Growing up with station wagons in the '70's, I've wanted one of these since I saw the Ford Fairlane concept ten years. Oddly enough, every one who's seen it so far, has called it a hearse. Which is fine, one of the reasons we got it is because it's so much easier for our old parents to get in and out of it; seat height is perfect, wide doors and narrow door sills! Here's the first photo, with my darling wife desperately trying to figure out the headrest! I hope this forum is as responsive as the PSD one, as I really enjoy doing my own maintenance. The first mod has been to replace the oil drain plug with a Fumoto valve, so my future oil changes will allow me to drain the oil directly into a bottle. If no one has tried these things, they're great for horizontally mounted drain valves. In this case, the valve is shielded from road debris by the oil case, and I mounted it with the lever up high.