'15-'17 Headrests uncomfortable - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

'15-'17 Headrests uncomfortable

Old 08-10-2018, 01:55 PM
absurd
New User
absurd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs down '15-'17 Headrests uncomfortable

WTF is up with the front head rests in these cars. Why are they tilted forward so much?

I've been driving my new (used) 2015 navigator for a week or so and the head rests are by far the worst feature on these cars. They have a weird forward tilt to them that makes the top of the headrest protrude forward a few inches ahead of the rest of the seatback. Its idiotically uncomfortable. And forces your head to be in a single position, cant tilt your head back at all and you are constantly rubbing the back of your head as you look side to side. On top of everything else there is no tilt adjustment on them. Why ?!?!?!

Any one have any solutions to this problem? Headrests from a different car perhaps, aftermarket, something ... Its making me regret my purchase

Old 08-10-2018, 02:18 PM
glockholiday
Elder User
glockholiday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glockholiday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've turned mine around on a couple of long trips we've taken, they'll come all the way out. But that isn't the best solution either, you'll find yourself wanting the headrest back after a while. And if you get in an accident it's a sure case of whiplash. I've been thinking about trying to bend the bars a little but worried they'll break instead. My 14' Focus has adjustable headrests and they're only comfortable to me if they are all the way back.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:00 PM
absurd
New User
Originally Posted by glockholiday View Post
... I've been thinking about trying to bend the bars a little but worried they'll break instead. My 14' Focus has adjustable headrests and they're only comfortable to me if they are all the way back.
Yup I'll be bending these if I don't find a replacement real soon. Just checked the headrests from the other two cars in the household, both the g35 and rx350 headrests have the posts set too wide.

Can you check the Focus headrest? Maybe since they are both Ford it will fit

Old 08-10-2018, 03:01 PM
glockholiday
Elder User
glockholiday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glockholiday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I will tonight

Old 08-11-2018, 09:14 AM
glockholiday
Elder User
Dammit, forgot. Tonight lol

Old 08-13-2018, 09:14 AM
U9000
Senior User
U9000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are they tilted all the way back? Lots of these rachet forward when you pull on them to adjust them. The old Navi we had would do that. Occasionally you'd have to pull the top all the way forward to get it to release and drop to the rearmost tilt position.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:58 AM
absurd
New User
Originally Posted by U9000 View Post
Are they tilted all the way back? Lots of these rachet forward when you pull on them to adjust them. The old Navi we had would do that. Occasionally you'd have to pull the top all the way forward to get it to release and drop to the rearmost tilt position.
No these do not ratchet back and forth. They are fixed in a single, awkward position.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:54 PM
U9000
Senior User
U9000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What about just turning them around? We did that in our Mark LT and it works pretty well that way.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:23 PM
glockholiday
Elder User
Ok finally my 14' Focus headrest posts are 6" apart but this is a pic of them all the way back, they'll ratchet farther forward than this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: